PDA

View Full Version : My new but very small workshop

Daniel
4th October 2003, 12:05 AM
I have always worked out of the garage at home but have decided to build a more dedicated but small workshop.

The new workshop is located in the old kids cubby and still has that open feeling as you will see from the photo's, but that works to my advantage.

Being a teacher I mainly build prototype of small furniture items that I will get the students to make at some time in the future. While these items are being built, I am continually taking photo's of the process and thats where the open workshop is advantageous, lots of light for the camera.

The children can still use the workshop when I am not there because all the tools are stored behind locked doors. They have there own toolset.

If I need to do any machining of timber I can do this at work where I have a fully eqiuped workshop so all I need are the tools and machines behind those locked doors to create the projects that I need too.

The wind and rain do not cause any problems, over the last week its been wet in melbourne with no ill affect on the workshop.

Daniel

Sturdee
4th October 2003, 04:19 PM
Congratulations on your new shop. Amazing what you can squeeze into a small and unusual space.

Peter.