PDA

View Full Version : The Grand Finals are over

Rossluck
23rd September 2007, 07:23 PM
There's no need for the grand finals now. The Parra/Storm game was the NRL's Grand Final and the Pies/Cats game was the AFL Grand Final. :D

The rest of it will be a waste of time.

Carry Pine
23rd September 2007, 08:00 PM
And how frustrating is the refereeing? I know you are supposed to set a good example and accept what they say but the Thurston incident and some of the decisions against Parra today - very suspect.
I would hate to lose a grand final on one of those decisions.

Carry Pine

Rossluck
23rd September 2007, 08:20 PM
And how frustrating is the refereeing? I know you are supposed to set a good example and accept what they say but the Thurston incident and some of the decisions against Parra today - very suspect.
I would hate to lose a grand final on one of those decisions.

Carry Pine

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed with the refereeing in today's (Parra/Storm) game. I'm not crying "foul", but there's no doubt that the Storm's momentum to get ahead in the first half was brought about in part by some fortuitous penalties.

I am a Parramatta supporter, but I think that the Storm deserved their win. It's just disappointing when there's a really tight arm wrestle going on, and the ref suddenly stops the contest and gives one of the contestants a helping hand. This is more a problem with the rules of the game than the ref. I was hoping that it wouldn't happen, but it did.