PDA

View Full Version : Could be in music...but my new headphones need a mention somewhere!

Stuart
26th September 2007, 12:11 AM
Just picked up some new headphones - Sennheiser HD280. RRP $350, got them for $195.

Just listening to Linkin Park - holy#### - beautiful bass response! Right across the frequencies actually, but getting to hear all the subtleties in the bass range without it masking the rest of the frequencies with volume and "doof doof" (You know - what all the yobbos sound like with their stereos blasting out of their cars).

For headphones, these are NICE. They are not "sound canceling", but I don't think that will be a problem - the passive sound isolation is still excellent (in both directions). :2tsup:

Buzza
26th September 2007, 01:36 AM
When only the best will do.

I have an ancient set of Senny's with not a bit of foam left on them. I must figure a way to recover the things, as they are very expensive as you point out. Mine came from a pro studio and must be over 20 years old.

German leaves Asian behind every time. :2tsup:

wheelinround
26th September 2007, 09:33 AM
:2tsup::2tsup: I am on to my 2nd Senn HD200 had them for few years now
1st set were studio pro series sadly years of teenage kids saw them die cost of repair was more than I payed for the HD200's
The thing I like about senn's is the long leads I have tried one of their set of WiFi years ago when they first came out but not since. I was hearing cab radio calls that was inside a shopping mall lower floor well away from streets.:o:doh:

Lignum
26th September 2007, 09:44 AM
I love my HD445 Sweeeeeeeet:2tsup: