PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Router Support

Carry Pine
28th September 2007, 09:52 PM
Many thanks to 'mat' of Canberra for his suggestion to think about the VRS (Vacuum Router Support) instead of the old vacuum attachment (VRA) for Leigh jigs. The video on the Leigh site says it all.

Does anyone know if the VRS will be offered with the dovetail bits as a package when the next shipment arrives?

Carry Pine

philf
28th September 2007, 10:19 PM
Hi Carry

Does anyone know if the VRS will be offered with the dovetail bits as a package when the next shipment arrives?

Carry Pine

I've ordered a 24" super jig with that I also ordered the VRS with the 7 piece dovetail set as a package this link http://leighjigs.com/superjigs.php
shows the set I got at bottom of page.
Saves a few $ doing it this way.
I think you've got the D4R http:////leighjigs.com/d4.php (http://leighjigs.com/d4.php)

Rgds,
Phil.

Carry Pine
29th September 2007, 09:54 AM
Phil,

Thanks for the speedy reply. The leigh site shows a deal with the VRS + 7 bits for the 24in superjig and the VRS + 11 bits for the DR4. Very strange. I thought the 2 24in jigs were interchangeable with bits.

I can sense 'lesmeyer' hovering, ready to swoop and explain all.

Carry Pine

lesmeyer
29th September 2007, 10:13 AM
I can sense 'lesmeyer' hovering, ready to swoop and explain all.

Carry Pine
Very funny Mr. Pine.:D
The difference of the 4 router bits should be the 4 1/2" bits which cannot be used on the new superjigs (or the D1600 for that matter). The reason being that it is not required due to the limitations of board thickness in these jigs and also these jigs do not have variable PIN SIZING.
Regards
Les

Carry Pine
29th September 2007, 09:55 PM
Thanks Les. I knew you would have the answer.

Next question. I've been told Carbatec Sydney will have the VRS package (with bits) mid way through next month. You don't have access to any now do you? And any idea of price?

FYI: Leigh will not deal directly with customers in Australia because of the 2 distributors here, and I can appreciate that. But when you go to the sites of their distributors in Canada (Lee Valley etc) and USA you see 2 lists. One is of the stock they have and the other is the stock that must be ordered directly through Leigh. - very confusing for us old people!

Carry Pine

lesmeyer
29th September 2007, 11:59 PM
When I spoke to the bloke at CT here in Perth, he said that he is expecting about the same time frame as what you mentioned. I did not ask about prices.
I will check with him in 2 weeks time as I am flying out to Sydney next weekend for a 1 week course. (can't wait to get to Sydney to visit the best steak house in Australia):)
Regards
Les

mat
30th September 2007, 09:05 AM
Carry

The VRS alone is around the $110 mark for the D4

mcarthur
2nd October 2007, 11:58 AM
Any idea of the VRS price for a D1600? I could only find D4 pricing.

Rob

mat
2nd October 2007, 02:52 PM
MIK have them for approx $103 for D1600

mat
4th October 2007, 11:42 AM
Got mine from MIK today (for D1600) $100.75

lesmeyer
17th October 2007, 03:19 PM
Got mine from MIK today (for D1600) $100.75
Mat,
have you been able to use the VRS that you purchased? If so - how effective has it been regarding the dust/chip collection?
Regards
Les

mat
17th October 2007, 04:09 PM
Les

I would estimate 90% effective. The router support aspect is fantastic - no more balancing act!