PDA

View Full Version : Was going to be a goblet...

Gra
30th September 2007, 06:37 PM
Well I had all intention of making a goblet today. Got it almost finished and had a catch whilst doing the base :o:o UFO, in two directions :doh::doh:.

So what do I do now.......

Well still got plenty of wood at the base end.... BINGO... Here is what I made.

It is 15cm high and 7.5 CM wide. Made from some of DJs redgum.

Barry Hicks
30th September 2007, 06:42 PM
Gra, I read somewhere that a good tradesman is not one who doesn't make mistakes but one who knows how to fix the ones he does make.
Sound like you?
Nice save, by the way!

Barry Hicks

Skew ChiDAMN!!
30th September 2007, 07:01 PM
:D

You wouldn't believe how many of my lidded boxes start off as goblets. :rolleyes:

DJ’s Timber
30th September 2007, 07:43 PM
Nice save Gra, shame about the catch, maybe next time hey

Gra
30th September 2007, 08:01 PM
:D

You wouldn't believe how many of my lidded boxes start off as goblets. :rolleyes:

were do you think I got the idea from :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:.

Somewhere along the line you mentioned that you have done that, so I thought I would use your experience and frugality to my advantage.

Thanks for the idea, wife loves the finial

Skew ChiDAMN!!
30th September 2007, 10:27 PM
At least yours has a square base. I like the way you managed to maintain the grain continuity. :2tsup:

Because I like to turn brandy snifter shaped bowls, they sort roll over onto their sides and the lids drop off. :~ But I'm still pretty chuffed with the way the one in this thread turned out... enough that I've copied it several times when things go SNAFU. :-

Gra
30th September 2007, 10:58 PM
At least yours has a square base. I like the way you managed to maintain the grain continuity. :2tsup:

Because I like to turn brandy snifter shaped bowls, they sort roll over onto their sides and the lids drop off. :~ But I'm still pretty chuffed with the one in this thread turned out... enough that I've copied it several times when things go SNAFU. :-

Bugger you Skew, now you have me thinking what I can do with the bowl.... I wonder if I made it big enough?