PDA

View Full Version : King of UFO Model UFO 101?

Blackout
30th September 2007, 07:10 PM
It's a DC I scored last week that has proven to have a dead start capacitor and missing a motor fan, cowl, terminal box cover and terminal strip. As the title says it's a "King of UFO" Model "101". I've found same name models on the internet in the states but they indicate 2HP and look different the 125mm port size is the same. It came with a 15A plug and lead loose so I'm not sure it belongs. We borrowed a start cap from my planer to prove it was healthy. Next I have to build a cooling fan and cowling.

Has anyone seen these before or details on the motor or even the full spec's?

Cheers,

Blackout

Gags_17
30th September 2007, 10:42 PM
wouldnt have a clue about it but it sure looks like it could much up some saw dust quicker then fat kid with a cup cake:D

blackheart
1st October 2007, 01:20 PM
Has anyone seen these before or details on the motor or even the full spec's?

Blackout there is one very similar working model in my dads workshop . Has been a workhorse for some years and I am about to bring it down to my shop as my dedicated dusty. Will take me a day or two to go and check out specs etc for you. About 45 minutes away. Will also take some pics. Let me know if there is anything else I can check out while there.

blackheart
1st October 2007, 04:01 PM
Blackout, have just had to do a quick run up to the workshop unexpectedly so had a quick look at the dusty. True to form my dad was a stickler for keeping all correspondence and instruction manuals and sure enough I found the manual for this machine.
It is the same as yours - UFO-101
Manufactured by Shen Kung Machinery Co. Ltd Taiwan
Even have a phone number and address!!!!

Motor is 2 hp
10 amps
3000rpm

This one was purchased in 1991 and is still going strong. Machine is quite loud and with this and other machinery going earmuffs are a must.
The unit is mobile and has dual inlets which hook straight to the thicknesser and jointer.
Also has a shop made vacuum extension for general workshop cleaning.
Have been wondering whether I can replace the cloth bags with the newer pleated bags but they are a bit exe. Cloth is good but still get fine dust especially when emptying the bag.
Also considering whether it can be used to power a ducted system when I get set up. Need to do a bit more research.
Hope this helps and if there is anything else I can help with yell out

Dave

Blackout
1st October 2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the excellent information. I agree noisy and that will have to be considered in the final setup. I think I will set it up to be mobile (again) and slowly build a duct system ready for a permanent installation. I like the vacuum idea as I could retire the 2 Vaxs out of the shed. Have you thought of building a cyclone to go with yours?

Blackout

blackheart
1st October 2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the excellent information. I agree noisy and that will have to be considered in the final setup. I think I will set it up to be mobile (again) and slowly build a duct system ready for a permanent installation. I like the vacuum idea as I could retire the 2 Vaxs out of the shed. Have you thought of building a cyclone to go with yours?

Blackout

No problems, happy to be able to help out. Yep have thought about a cyclone but don't know much about them. Need to do a bit of reading and get up to speed as cyclone systems are new territory for me.
Did you mean to have a cyclone plus the KUFO or use the KUFO as the main unit in the cylone set up?

Blackout
2nd October 2007, 07:33 PM
No problems, happy to be able to help out. Yep have thought about a cyclone but don't know much about them. Need to do a bit of reading and get up to speed as cyclone systems are new territory for me.
Did you mean to have a cyclone plus the KUFO or use the KUFO as the main unit in the cylone set up?

The KUFO doesn't have any filters so I was intending it to be setup with the cyclone.

blackheart
2nd October 2007, 09:21 PM
The KUFO doesn't have any filters so I was intending it to be setup with the cyclone.

Will be interested to see the setup when you finish.