PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Template

Pusser
1st October 2007, 12:46 AM
I read the article in Australian Woodsmith Issue 56 September 2007 so I downloaded sketchup. The article says you can use a woodworking template scaled for furniture. The template has a framing square in it. I dont seem to be able to get rid of the man or find the framing square. When I try downloading templates relating to woodwork I just get drawings of someone elses furniture. Help?

Pusser:?

Pusser
1st October 2007, 01:48 AM
I worked it out. For anyone else the trick is to go to Windows preferences Select Templates and browse. Select inches - (woodworking)-3d.skp (or 2D). Then open a new model and select the metric units and desired precision in model info and save it in the google Sketch Up/resources/en-us/templates file. When you load a new modlel you get the framing square with metric units. (The framing square is 610x406mm though)

Pusser

Wild Dingo
1st October 2007, 12:10 PM
Well I for one am glad weve sorted that out :2tsup:

Although I have ABSOFRIGGINLUTELY no idea what the heck we just sorted out was :doh:

Glad we could help mate :;

Rookie
4th October 2007, 02:22 PM
You can just click on the man and hit the delete button if you don't want him there. I think he's put there for relativity or some such when you start a new drawing.

Pusser
5th October 2007, 01:53 AM
Thanks Rookie,

I was looking to get the framing square as a scale for smaller items. A 300 mm box loked pretty stupid with a giant there but a scale reference was useful. I have solved the problem now (see above).

Pusser