PDA

View Full Version : The Great Race

Doughboy
7th October 2007, 11:46 AM
The great race it might be but the only thing it does for me is bore me to tears............

I know that might sound un-Australian, oh well such is life.

wheelinround
7th October 2007, 11:50 AM
The great race it might be but the only thing it does for me is bore me to tears............

I know that might sound un-Australian, oh well such is life.

It used to be many years ago now just V8 supercars at Bathurst same as any other trac but longer day

pawnhead
7th October 2007, 12:09 PM
It used to be many years ago now just V8 supercars at Bathurst same as any other trac but longer dayI'd hardly call them supercars. If they allowed true supercars, or even just some juiced up Japanese ricers, they'd be severely embarrassed.
Basically just a Holden Vs Ford (tank Vs tank) thing nowadays. :rolleyes:

It's lost all its appeal from the days of production cars, i.e. Cooper S / GTHO / GTR etc,,,

wheelinround
7th October 2007, 12:17 PM
I'd hardly call them supercars. If they allowed true supercars, or even just some juiced up Japanese ricers, they'd be severely embarrassed.
Basically just a Holden Vs Ford (tank Vs tank) thing nowadays. :rolleyes:

It's lost all its appeal from the days of production cars, i.e. Cooper S / GTHO / GTR etc,,,

Ok Ford n Holden chassis tube frames mock up panels bits of tape tube n wire couple of mirrors. and a Brand name which says Ford or Holden but are far from the Brand/make after thousands of dollars spent on motors which are overhaulded to the max.

Your right PH bring back the REAL Bathurst on the REAL Long weekend

pawnhead
7th October 2007, 12:32 PM
Your right PH bring back the REAL Bathurst on the REAL Long weekendThose were the days where you could buy, and legally drive, the same cars they were racing on the mountain. There were four different classes based on engine capacity/horespower, and manufacturers tried to build the best car they could for competition and endurance, which in turn would boost sales.
Just about anyone with a car in their garage had an interest in how well their marque performed.

Gra
7th October 2007, 01:31 PM
hear hear.. I am not a fan of the taxi races, but will still have it on in the background just in case something interesting happens...(Like it actually becomes a race not a procession or maybe a big crash:o just hope it is the first no the second)

Tonyz
7th October 2007, 08:39 PM
Although I used to be a Ford fan, Iam now a driver fan Enjoy somebody who can go out race the day away and still smile whatever the results. There are some tempermental little shites who are worse than my grandkids on a bad day, pout and spit, blame everything except themselves. Poor losers and loose my vote.

Today the latter was a great race, Yeah bring back true production racing, but I sure wouldnt like to be racing a Hyundai or similar and have one of those big things breathing down my neck.

If you can get coverage the long overnight race's are the best.

bsrlee
8th October 2007, 02:01 AM
Just put the Tony Curtis/Jack Lemmon movie on the DVD/video - MuCH more entertaining, no ads etc.

Make it work
9th October 2007, 10:28 PM
I love Bathurst, doesn't matter what is racing, I love the track, but I do agree with everyone who said that true production car racing is a better sport than red v blue.

Channel 7 must have really cleaned up, at least 1/3 of the telecast was ads. That spoiled it somewhat but I still sat there all weekend.

Best thing, my Mrs was right there with me. None of this "Are you going to sit there all weekend". I'm so lucky.

Alan