PDA

View Full Version : Incra Mitre Express and anti-kick fingers

sam63
8th October 2007, 11:48 AM
Hi everyone,

I just installed a Incra Mitre Express on Delta saw. When I use it with the blade guard on, anti-kick back fingers stops me pulling the Mitre Express back. Any ideas if this is normal!! If so How do people get around with this problem?

Cheers
Sam

Pusser
9th October 2007, 01:24 AM
I hook the fingers up with a piece of wire when I use my home made version. I hook the wire in the teeth but think it would be better to drill a hole in each finger. And don't stand behind the blade in case of kickback (never experienced it with my jig but paranoid anyway!)

Pusser

Honorary Bloke
9th October 2007, 06:04 AM
Hi everyone,

I just installed a Incra Mitre Express on Delta saw. When I use it with the blade guard on, anti-kick back fingers stops me pulling the Mitre Express back. Any ideas if this is normal!! If so How do people get around with this problem?

Cheers
Sam

Well, of course it's normal. That's how the anti-kickback pawls work, digging in to prevent kickback. You'll have to wire them up, as Pusser said, or remove them when using the mitre express.

OTOH, it will be pretty difficult to get a kickback when using the mitre express correctly, as there is no binding force anywhere. :)

sam63
9th October 2007, 02:57 PM
Thx for the reply everyone. This will solve my problem. I can go and make more saw dust now.

Cheers
Sam

sam63
22nd October 2007, 10:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have recently installed a Incra Mitre Express. Since than I have been trying to get a straight cut, but it is not happening. I thought it is the table saw, but when I checked the flatness of the Mitre Express, it is not flat. I am using a right tilting table saw. Therefore three panels on the left side of the blade is not flat. The centre section is about 2 to 3 mm higher than the left and the right section of the panel. Is there something I am doing wrong? Or is it a manufacturing fault?

Cheers
Sam

Honorary Bloke
22nd October 2007, 10:39 PM
If you have taken it apart and re-assembled it and it is still not flat I am guessing it is a manufacturing fault. Mine assembled dead flat with no wukkers and has stayed that way. Ask for a new one. :)