PDA

View Full Version : New cars around here, that being Japan...

Schtoo
8th October 2007, 06:24 PM
Hi.

Just wanted to tell someone about a few things I have seen/driven of late.

First was the Mitsubishi Evolution X. I wouldn't buy a Mitsubishi anything at gunpoint (well, we do have a Mistu fridge and I do use their pencils, but that's all) but this new thing looks very, very mean. Sounds pretty good too, if that's your kind of thing.

Second was another Mitsubishi product and they were driving around here a little while ago. There is a car called the 'i' and it's a very small rear wheel drive thing, looks interesting and apparently is a good enough car. The ones I saw were all electric. Interesting to say the least. They pulled up the hill here like it was nothing,
and they were running around all day, so looks like electric is getting better.

Lastly, I am in love. :B

I test drove a new Volkwagen Golf Variant (wagon) today. Don't care about the car itself, but the engine made me very happy and surprised.

How the heck could I, who has driven too many cars with power figures that look like good cricket scores, fall in love with a 1.4l engine?

Quiet, comfortable, nailed to a 6 speed DSG gearbox and pulls like a freight train.

Maybe it was the super charger? Maybe it was the turbo charger? Maybe because it has both? :2tsup:

If we can somehow wangle a new(ish) car in the next year or two, this thing will probably be it. Mrs. Schtoo likes the fact it's a 1.4 with good fuel economy (lower tax bracket), I like it because it's a fantastic engine.

Just had to tell someone, that's all. :D

johnc
8th October 2007, 07:41 PM
When it comes to cars its a different world over there Schtoo, but interesting to say the least. With oil in decline you have to wonder what the next generation of fuel efficient or electric hybrids will bring, and the Japs will probably bring it.

John