PDA

View Full Version : Knitting needle box

DIY DAN
15th October 2007, 05:53 PM
Just finished first knitting needle box for SWMBO. Have to make 3 more of these for friends of SWMBO. Australian Cedar with N.Z. Beech trim. Needles on top are Casurina. Had lots of trouble with the swinging trays in the lids. Took many trials to get correct size, placement and weight.

Regards
DIY DAN

jow104
15th October 2007, 06:33 PM
Very good:2tsup:

wheelinround
15th October 2007, 06:56 PM
DIY gee's mate you nearly had me in deep there :oo:
LOML just strolled past lucky she kept going often sticks her nose in spots me checking out stuff

Like your swmbo she'll tell freinds then all will want one got to hide that one deep

by the way excelent work guess she has no excue now for leaving them lying round so you can sit and get jabed in places that would bring :C to your eyes.

Wild Dingo
15th October 2007, 08:29 PM
Beautiful job Dan!! :2tsup: :2tsup:

and remember the old saying? KISS... mate KISS... elsewise you end up having to figure out how the blue blazes your gonna do all that again and again and again and again on and on... just keep it simple and stylish... great job!
Cheers
Shane

Wardy
15th October 2007, 08:32 PM
excellent work dan,that cedar looks great :2tsup:
cheers

munruben
15th October 2007, 10:09 PM
Great work. lot of thought gone into that design. I like it.:2tsup:

Capt. Zero
16th October 2007, 12:04 AM
Love the box! Hope you decide to post a detail of the swinging trays, they were a great idea.

sumu
16th October 2007, 04:54 AM
Simply brilliant, excellent match of wood color tones with the shapes of the box. Well done, indeed. :2tsup:

sumu

les88
16th October 2007, 08:02 AM
It is simply a beautiful box.... great design... and the swinging drawers are a excellent:2tsup::2tsup:
les

zenwood
16th October 2007, 08:32 AM
The trays look like they would have been a nightmare to do.

Love the result though. The colours are great, and in 200 years time, the decoration on top will still identify it as a knitting needle box.

Thanks for posting.

wheelinround
16th October 2007, 09:04 AM
:- swmbo want to know where do you store the circular needles ??

or are you aking a round box for them:p

RufflyRustic
16th October 2007, 09:21 AM
Dan! Brilliant ideas. Love the knitting needles on the top. I'm so going to have to try your idea and stash it in my sincere flattery file, if ok with you.

Greenie Fired
Cheers
Wendy

GDL
16th October 2007, 11:02 AM
Love the concept.:2tsup: In fact it's such a good idea you got me thinking about all sorts of variations. IE router bits, fishing tackle, carving tools.........etc etc etc. This is such a great site for inspiration.
Regards
Greg