PDA

View Full Version : Record model 735 plane? + a mini plane

MICKYG
19th October 2003, 02:26 PM
Hi All

I have a plane / groove cutter / champher cutter made by record in england and model number 735 in about 1960, its navy blue. Does anybody know anything about its intended use. It was in a box bought at auction.

I also have another small plane which has stanley and a heart stamped on the top of the blade and measures 88mm long and 31mm wide and a blade width of 25mm, its black in colour and I call it my .4 plane. its a very usefull small plane. It cost me two dollars in another box of junk at auction quite a few years ago.

Its probably 60 or so years old. Any information appreciated.

Kind Regards
Mike:)

This was intended for general woodwork not the photo gallery.

rabster
23rd October 2003, 03:07 PM
Hi Mike,

I can't help with the Record plane but you can find comprehensive information on Stanley planes at Patrick's Blood and Gore:

http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan0.htm

Cheers,

Rab.

MICKYG
23rd October 2003, 04:37 PM
Rab,

Thanks for the site address, I have discovered that the small Stanley Sweetheart plane is a model 101. I am unable to find any info on the record plane at all, which makes me think it is probably not very common.

Thanks Rab

Regards Mike.:)

webbo
5th July 2006, 08:58 AM
Hi

Only just joined this forum. When I served my apprenticeship in the early 1960's, every joiner had one of these planes. It has two uses, to bevel the edge of hardboard panels and to cut decorative grooves in fibreboard panels.
I still have mine in its original box and now use it on MDF panels. If you supply me with an e-mail address I will scan in the instruction leaflet for you.

Regards
Don

Philip S
5th September 2008, 01:50 AM
Hi Webbo. I also have one of these planes with no real idea of what it is designed to do. Any chance you could email a PDF of the instructions to me ingood old England? Thanks

recordcollector
28th February 2009, 08:12 AM
G'Day Mike
If you go to my site www.recordhandplanes.com (http://www.recordhandplanes.com) You will find The Record Soft and Hardboard Planes No 735 and No 730 Hope this is of some help to you.
Regards
David

:ireland3::australia::ireland3: