PDA

View Full Version : I've finished me Harp

ozwinner
19th October 2003, 06:23 PM
Hi all.
I have finaly finished building me harp.
It contains only 16 pieces, so was really easy to build.
Timber is Red Ironbark and Grey Box.
I got the sting kit, plan etc from www.musikit.com
They are really good to deal with.
All I need now is an angel to come and play it.
Cheers, Allan :D

kenmil
19th October 2003, 07:14 PM
Allan,

That's a very nice piece of work. I assume you are joking about not playing it ?

ozwinner
19th October 2003, 07:18 PM
Hi Ken.
Mmmm, no I cant play :rolleyes: I dont know why I wanted to make a harp, I just did.
Can you play? :)
Cheers, Allan

Ben from Vic.
19th October 2003, 07:51 PM
Allan,

Nice peice of work, I've always wanted to use Red Ironbark in something, is it as hard to work as everyone says?
Would you be able to tell me were you bought it from?

Thanks

Ben.

ozwinner
19th October 2003, 08:01 PM
Hi Ben.
The Red Ironbark is nice to work with as long as you have got tungsten tools.
Finishes beautifully, I used Organoil, and wax.
Try Tony West at Nagambie for the timber, nice bloke cheap timber, 0357 942 826, 0427 942 826.
He also has other timbers, Red Gum, Yellow Box, Grey Box.
Cheers, Allan :)

kenmil
19th October 2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by ozwinner
Hi Ken.
Mmmm, no I cant play :rolleyes: I dont know why I wanted to make a harp, I just did.
Can you play? :)
Cheers, Allan

No Allan, I have refrained from Harp lessons as I am musically inept, and anyway, when I pass to the great beyond I will probably get the lessons for free.:D

AlexS
19th October 2003, 10:49 PM
Now that i sa realy nice piece Allan. You certainly chose nice timber and made the most of it.

gatiep
20th October 2003, 01:17 AM
Allan

Superb work and I'm sure that once you get a 'driver' for that baby, she'll purr real good!

Which model is the one you built? Did you only get the 'blueprints' or did you get the hardware pack as well?

Congratulations, I really like it. Like ypu I can't play any musical instrument...my mother was extremely musical and used to play just about any instrument she touched. In the early 1900's she played the harp in town concerts...never had a days tuition in music. I have twin daughters that take after their gran, although they had formal training to help them. They 'are the band' for a local church, where they play every Sunday. Perhaps I should invest in building 2 harps for them.

Please let me have some info.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Joe

Have fun...........keep turnin

ozwinner
20th October 2003, 05:04 PM
Hi Joe
I got the Studio harp plans plus the harware kit, all up it cost US$20 for the plan and US$70 for the kit. And about US$25 for postage, I think it was that anyhow.
I got the Studio harp because the hardware kit was on the cheap side.
I would like to build a big Gothic harp, so I tested the water with a small one first.
It was realy easy to build with so few parts, and seeing as how your the jetman I cant see you haveing any trouble building it.
Love the jet BTW, we went to the Melbourne air show last year and they had a mini jet there, loved it.
Cheers, Allan :)

gatiep
21st December 2003, 01:50 AM
Allan

Very interested to hear if you found someone to play your harp.

I'm still toying with the idea of building one. I downloaded the sounds. I really liked the studio and also the Gothic 31 string. The Gothic 36 string disappointed me ( guess I'm tone deaf anycase) but I liked the piece where it was combined with one of the smaller lap harps.

I have enquired, a friend of mine is a music teacher and her ex tutor at uni has a studio at home, seats 22 ppl and plays and teaches the harp. He is very interested to have a go, should I decide to make one. The main problem at the moment for me is to choose between the studio and the 31 string.

Have a merry Christmas and a prosperous and har(p)monious 2004!
Cya
Joe