PDA

View Full Version : A bottle of Rob

derekcohen
20th October 2003, 01:09 PM
Rob Allan ("Woodborer" to everyone) was in town from Melbourne this past week and came over for a BBQ on Friday night. He brought with him a bottle of red which he had placed into a wooden cradle he had made. I have enclosed a picture below because it really is a nice piece of work.

I am still trying to work out how to get to the bottle without damaging the cradle. I think he did this on purpose!

The first person with the correct answer will receive a free photo of me drinking the wine.

Thanks again Rob.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Wood Borer
20th October 2003, 01:55 PM
The redgum was hurriedly finished with Neil's EEE Wax.

Derek is an excellent host and we spent a good part of the enjoyable evening talking about and using some of Derek's wonderful planes.

- Wood Borer

gatiep
20th October 2003, 04:39 PM
Derek

Suspend the cradle upright over a funnel with good quality filter paper. Get a glass drilling bit, drill a 6 mm hole thru the bottle just above the bottom of the bottle, not anywhere below the label. Once you have filtered the red stuff, wait for effect to wear off, then turn the bottle to hide the hole behind one of the uprights.
A drop of superglue inbetween the base of the bottle and the wood will secure it and Rob will not know that you 'robbed' the bottle

Have fun.............keep turnin