PDA

View Full Version : Sailboat hire Sydney

pawnhead
18th October 2007, 12:02 PM
Hello

My daughter is coming down here to visit for a few days, and I thought it may be a good idea to hire a small sailing dingy, or catermaran for a day. The budget won't stretch to a yacht charter unfortunately. :(
There's a hire place at Manly which is close to me, but they only do Kayaks and low powered motor boats, which would be OK I suppose, but I'd prefer to sail.

Do any of you old salts know where I can hire something on Sydney Harbour, or on Pittwater?

Thanks in advance.

Boatmik
18th October 2007, 02:47 PM
Might find something in the less yacht oriented ones here
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search/postSearchEntry.do?clueType=0&clue=sail+boat+hire&locationClue=Greater+Sydney+NSW&x=0&y=0

pawnhead
21st October 2007, 02:06 AM
Thanks for that Mik.
I tracked down a Hobie at Balmoral, where I used to launch my MJ and VJ as a kid. We had a great day, and a few close encounters with a fleet of yachts having a race.
There was a few of the new Moths having a race as well. Incredibly fast, but it took a while for them to get up on the foil after tacking. I was amazed at how high they lift out of the water. A bit higher than shown in that pic.
We got absolutely saturated in a bit of chop, but it was all good fun and I had the sense to bring some dry clobber with us. :wink: