PDA

View Full Version : British Auto Classic - next week

dennford
19th October 2007, 08:54 PM
May be of interest to anyone in W.A. this event will be held at Warroona (Dingo's back yard) next Sunday the 28th.

Here are some pics from the 2002 event
http://www.nachohat.org/gallery/boyanup_british_auto_classic2002?page=1

Denn

wheelinround
20th October 2007, 10:00 AM
May be of interest to anyone in W.A. this event will be held at Warroona (Dingo's back yard) next Sunday the 28th.

Here are some pics from the 2002 event
http://www.nachohat.org/gallery/boyanup_british_auto_classic2002?page=1

Denn

Hey Denn great shots but there is a problem with one vehicle its NOT:no: British :doh: ITS an Aussie car a HOLDEN FJ:2tsup: still classic steel though.

Chcekd out the other pics too will be forwarding the firies off to a mate who is curator at Penrith Fire Museum.

"Makin Sawdust"
21st October 2007, 12:46 AM
I was very interested to see the cars pictured on the link! The Austin "Bakers van" was built by my late uncle in Port Augusta a few years back & was regularly seen around town & in processions & pageants. My Aunty will be very interested to see it again. A small "pedantic" point, the Holden is not an FJ but is a 48-215 (commonly called an FX, but no such name was officially used) While it is certainly not British it was actually designed by GM's Chevrolet division late in WW11 but the design handed to Holdens when Chev decided not to build it. Cheers, Les.

dennford
21st October 2007, 01:36 AM
I hope to go and it will be interesting to see if either of those (bakers van and the fj/48-21) are there again.

Denn

wheelinround
21st October 2007, 08:17 AM
I was very interested to see the cars pictured on the link! The Austin "Bakers van" was built by my late uncle in Port Augusta a few years back & was regularly seen around town & in processions & pageants. My Aunty will be very interested to see it again. A small "pedantic" point, the Holden is not an FJ but is a 48-215 (commonly called an FX, but no such name was officially used) While it is certainly not British it was actually designed by GM's Chevrolet division late in WW11 but the design handed to Holdens when Chev decided not to build it. Cheers, Les.

TY Les wasn't sure as not many FX's around some things dont change eh.