PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt Radial Arm Saw

Bloubull
22nd October 2007, 05:45 AM
Hi all

I need some advice on a DeWalt Radial Arm Saw. I can get a secondhand one for R2000. Brand new they go for about R11500. I have had a look and all the other secondhand ones go for about R5000. The model I am told is the 320. I am going to have a look at it this week.

So my question is. Should I buy it or Not.

Regards

Bloubull

damienhazo
22nd October 2007, 07:26 AM
First of all, not many people in here are going to know that 2000 South African Rand is about 330 Australian Dollars. Regardless, if it's between a 5th and a 6th of the price of a new one (20% or less), the economics would make sense.

Suggest you give a bit more info (AUD, condidtion, any broken parts, etc) next time, as well as post such threads in TOOLS - POWERED.

Damien

pawnhead
22nd October 2007, 09:04 AM
Unless you can get one here and post it over to him, I don't think AUD is relevant since he's buying it in SA.
It sounds pretty cheap compared to what you'd otherwise be paying, so I think you've answered your own question if it's any good when you've taken a look at it. But like damienhazo says, you can't make a judgment without getting a report on its condition or at least seeing some pics.

damienhazo
22nd October 2007, 09:31 AM
Unless you can get one here and post it over to him, I don't think AUD is relevant since he's buying it in SA.

You're probably right, but he is asking if it's a good price - and apart from his comparison to RRP, there is no basis for feedback from a woodworker's forum based in Aussi...

Hickory
22nd October 2007, 11:57 AM
Not sure how these items sell over there but I reciently acquired a Dewalt 740 for the ability to get it out of his way.... Needed a new table and alignment, but the price was really right. I used it for a job that needed it and now it sits in my garage instead of his. He now has the room and I don't. I see these things from time to time in local papers for less the $100 US$ Usually much less, so I would not invest too much.