PDA

View Full Version : Oldsmobile

perthnovice
23rd October 2007, 01:17 PM
Well i guess by now most of you will be sitting in front of your computer saying what the bloody hell is an Oldsmobile.

Well up until 2004 it was america's oldest car manufacturer and i first owned one in about 80-82 and it was a 1969 oldsmobile delta 88 royale 2 door hard top 455ci/7.5L power steering power brakes electric windows 6-way electric seats a/c heater tilt/telescopic steering 2 barrel rochester carbie which gave out 310bhp had fun with it but like everything at that age you lose interest ended up selling it for $500 unregistered and now some 25 years later the wife finally lets me have another one.

and i thought shouldn't be a problem yeah right over 7 months of searching on the computer for 608 hours a day and finally on my birthday i find an add in the just cars for the exact one i wanted in adelaide and it had to be the exact same car that i had previousy and this one was the only difference was that it had a high compression moter with a four barrell carbie thus giving out almost 390bhp this car will be re-built to look exactly like it did when it rolled of the assembly line i imported new factory carpet i bought the original vinyl and cloth for the seats every single part that i need to be perfect i have also imported direct from the states i even had an original vinyl top custom ordered and sent out i took every single piece of paint/dirt off all by hand and after that there was a spot of rust as big as an orange and that was it the body looked like brand new steel below is the link to my photos because if i keep going i'll never stop typing.

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t234/delta88royale/

dont worry about the first album just click on the others

cheer's
neil

any questions feel free

rod1949
23rd October 2007, 03:37 PM
Back when I was a young wippersnapper (early 50s) growing up in Adelaide, I remember my dad talking about an Oldsmobile Tornado, V8 front wheel drive. Is/was there such a beast?

Gra
23rd October 2007, 04:20 PM
Back when I was a young wippersnapper (early 50s) growing up in Adelaide, I remember my dad talking about an Oldsmobile Tornado, V8 front wheel drive. Is/was there such a beast?

Not quite that early, but early 60's. Was a luxury coupe. Jay leno has one that is really quick.

Do a google search, should find plenty of pics