PDA

View Full Version : Adding commentary to a slide-show on a DVD

Rocker
24th October 2007, 09:50 AM
As part of my ongoing ambition to try and drag myself into the 21st Century when it comes to technology, I would like to be able to add a commentary to accompany the pictures, which, thanks to advice from this forum, I have been able to burn to a DVD and display on my TV. Is it feasible somehow to dub a voice commentary to accompany each picture onto the DVD? If so, can someone explain roughly how it is done?

Rocker

Big Shed
24th October 2007, 10:09 AM
Rocker, there are quite a few software packages on the market to allow you to do that, Nero PhotoShow (http://www.nero.com/ena/photoshow4-introduction.html) is one of them.

Bodgy
24th October 2007, 11:36 AM
Rocker

I use Camtasia in my professional life.

It is awesome. Also easy to use (not sure of your IT skills)

It can produce slideshows with voice, movies, screen captures etc and burn to CD or DVD. Very powerful. Hoghly recommended

www.techsmith.com

Rocker
24th October 2007, 04:15 PM
Bodgy,

I think that the Nero which I already have will merge audio and picture files into a slideshow; I just need to figure out how to create the audio files. Is it just a matter of connecting a microphone to the computer? And how fancy a microphone do I need for the task?

Rocker

wheelinround
24th October 2007, 04:31 PM
Bodgy,

I think that the Nero which I already have will merge audio and picture files into a slideshow; I just need to figure out how to create the audio files. Is it just a matter of connecting a microphone to the computer? And how fancy a microphone do I need for the task?

Rocker

Most any Mic will do you need to check what type you need stereo or mono or digital
you may get background sounds with sensitive mics sitting on your desk if pc is there also fan noise can vibrate through the base.

munruben
24th October 2007, 11:08 PM
If you are running Windows XP there is a built in free program called Windows Movie maker that will do this for you.
You would have to pre record your messages and synchronize them to play with the photo slide show. I have done this with music and I dont think it would be that difficult to do