PDA

View Full Version : Asphalt Drive

OBBob
25th October 2007, 04:17 PM
Hi All

Does anyone know an approximate price per sqm to asphalt a drive? Is there a specifc sort of base required or can it jsut be a leveled soil surface?

I would brick the edges and place a base if necessary, so I am just after the cost to lay a asphalt surface.

Thanks.

silentC
25th October 2007, 04:45 PM
I was quoted $39 + GST. That included road base and excavation.

Planned LScape
25th October 2007, 07:01 PM
I was quoted $39 + GST. That included road base and excavation.

Thats sounds about right- I got a job done at $32 last year but that was with me doing the base prep and brick edging

Terrian
25th October 2007, 09:21 PM
around $40 - $45 per square meter would be about right, need a stable base, no tree roots, and don't let water get under the ash :)

silentC
26th October 2007, 09:45 AM
In the end, I decided to go with concrete. I can get a concrete drive done for $55 a square metre and it needs no edging, no special preparation and will last forever. Plus it's better to ride skateboards on :)

Bleedin Thumb
26th October 2007, 11:00 AM
Plus it's better to ride skateboards on :)

Only if you sawcut your control joints! Even then expansion joints would be a bit bumpy!

silentC
26th October 2007, 11:06 AM
That's the sound that will drive the neighbours mad. Gadump gadump ... gadump gadump ...

Bleedin Thumb
26th October 2007, 11:37 AM
That, mixed with the blaring Skate Punk should do the job.........

Terrian
27th October 2007, 04:48 PM
In the end, I decided to go with concrete. I can get a concrete drive done for $55 a square metre and it needs no edging, no special preparation and will last forever. Plus it's better to ride skateboards on :)

hehehe, drive the neighbours nuts, gotta love it. Yeah, the price diff between ash & concrete has come down a heck of a lot over the years.