PDA

View Full Version : Segmented Bowls, Jet Mini & More

wheelinround
28th October 2007, 11:26 AM
Browsing as we do for more I located this excellent site on Segmented Bowls By Mark Kauder. The photo's are slow to load and large so if you have dial up its going to take time if you click on the pics themselves to view detail
http://www.markkauder.com/index.html

He has links to other turnings as well as his workshop and his version of a Jet Mini variable speed :o now thats a conversion http://www.woodcentral.com/cgi-bin/archives_turning.pl?noframes;read=22688

MY TURN
2nd November 2007, 02:06 PM
This guy must have a cleaning person, because with the good work he does and his commitments, I cannot see how he can clean.

Thanks for the info

MT

hughie
2nd November 2007, 10:52 PM
This guy must have a cleaning person, because with the good work he does and his commitments, I cannot see how he can clean.

:U maybe he has issues with dirt n stuff :U complusive cleaner. :U

But I notice he has done his dust collection really well, if his suction unit is as good as his ducting, then there would be much less to clean up than usual.
I have seen spindle molders running that have no dust with the right suction and ducting. It can be done its a matter of $$$$ .

Hardenfast
6th November 2007, 08:10 AM
Nice web site and links, Wheelin. He seems to be quite successful selling his creations. Not surprising really - they're quite spectacular.

clubbyr8
6th November 2007, 08:47 AM
Good find Wheelin, like the article on the Jet mini, might look at doing something to mine. My main lathe is a DVR and I like the VS. Hate moving the belt on the mini.

Bob

OGYT
6th November 2007, 11:29 AM
I was fortunate enough to meet Mark when I went to Georgia in 2005 for that little woodturner's get together. He spends days and days wet sanding, just sittin' around with a towel over his lap and a bucket of water sittin by. I never saw a finish as slick and flawless as his. To top it off, he's an all around standup guy, too.