PDA

View Full Version : Toothpicks

Mrs Woodpecker
30th October 2007, 09:11 PM
To Mr TTIT,
Vern, Hope all your beautiful work was not on tne receiving end of that tornado at Emerald yesterday, and all is safe in your neck of the woods.
Regards, Shirley

John Elliott
31st October 2007, 10:52 PM
I second that comment and am concerned that I have not heard from TITT in a couple of days.....Hopefully it is just his power that is out.
Anyone?

John Elliott.

TTIT
1st November 2007, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the thoughts. I got off real easy compared to all the neighbors but was without power and too busy cleaning up to get on the forum. Lathe and wood safe and sound (house can be fixed later :; ) and the furniture tree is still standing - which makes it one of the few trees left in the area :shrug:
T'would make you all cry to see the wood getting carried off the the green waste - mainly Sally Wattle but all sort of other odds and ends too. Unfortunately I didn't have time to grab any (or room to store any more!) but I suspect a lot of big logs would have made their way out to the clubs stockpile so we won't miss out altogether.:U

hughie
1st November 2007, 06:16 AM
:U its hard to keep a good turner down :U

The more trees knocked down, the more opportunities for turning. :2tsup:

pawnhead
1st November 2007, 08:48 AM
Good to hear that you've had no major problems TTIT.

I was expecting something else when I opened a thread called 'toothpicks' in a woodturning forum. You'd need a lot of time and patience to become productive, but perhaps there's a market for designer toothpicks somewhere. :U

RufflyRustic
1st November 2007, 09:22 AM
Hi Vern,

I too, am very glad to hear that you and yours are all safe and well.

Cheers
Wendy

ptc
1st November 2007, 10:46 AM
might have washed up a few nice sapphires though.

BernieP
1st November 2007, 05:50 PM
G'Day Vern

Like the rest pleased youa're ok.

Cheers
Bernie

TTIT
1st November 2007, 11:34 PM
might have washed up a few nice sapphires though.You're right about that PTC but all those damned Gippslanders get out there and pick up the big ones (eh Tom! :;)