PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Remove Wheelie Bin Wheels From Axle?

echnidna
31st October 2007, 10:45 AM
I would like to make a coupla trolleys.

How Do You Remove Wheelie Bin Wheels From Their Axle?

Gra
31st October 2007, 10:50 AM
you been midnight shopping again:D:D

Ashore
31st October 2007, 11:18 AM
I have come across two types, both have a small spring loaded steel pin holding them on this locks into place when you push them on the axle
One type has 9 or so spokes or ribs on the outside of the wheel one of these is about 1/2 " and has a cover over the spring mechanism , harder to remove.
The other has a solid cover with a slot in it the cover under this has a dimple in it that can be pushed up to remove the wheel ,
The easier way however is to cut the axle in half and replace it along with the wheels as they both seem to have the same life :doh:

Unless you have as Gra said been late night shopping :o

Rgds

echnidna
31st October 2007, 11:20 AM
you been midnight shopping again:D:D

Nope, If I was a midnight shopper I'd have complete wheelie bins:D

I want to make up a trolley for moving heavy stuff around on, just looking at options and I have a few sets of wheelie bin wheels and axles in my junk, though maybe I'd be better off with pnuematic wheels on gravel.

wheelinround
31st October 2007, 02:36 PM
Nope, If I was a midnight shopper I'd have complete wheelie bins:D

I want to make up a trolley for moving heavy stuff around on, just looking at options and I have a few sets of wheelie bin wheels and axles in my junk, though maybe I'd be better off with pnuematic wheels on gravel.

They must be better wheels than in NSW Echnidna they would not last

to use over gravel better off with pnuematic tyres

mic-d
31st October 2007, 02:40 PM
with a wheelie big spanner?

Burnsy
31st October 2007, 02:59 PM
The young fellas around my place seem to have found the answer, you hit the bin at about 60kph, wheel usually parts from axle as the bin skyrockets through the air sending my garbage everywhere:rolleyes:

DavidG
31st October 2007, 04:29 PM
Burnsy
Get another bin.
Put 20 or so bricks in it.
Leave it out in an easily hit spot.

Do not forget to change the bins over before the garbos arrive.

fred.n
31st October 2007, 05:49 PM
with a wheelie big spanner?

:rotfl::rofl:

graemet
31st October 2007, 08:23 PM
Burnsy
Get another bin.

Love it!!!!

NCArcher
1st November 2007, 01:10 AM
Burnsy
Get another bin.

I've considered driving a star picket into the ground on the down stream side where they can't see it as they approach. Might destroy the bin but it would be worth it.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
1st November 2007, 01:16 AM
Years ago one of my mates took great delight in flinging open the car door as we went past roadworks to see how far he could launch traffic cones.

After doing this every day for most of a week on one particular stretch of roadworks, he finally threw open the door and discovered that one of the workers had placed the cone over the stump of a broken off white post.

It cured him of the habit. :D

echnidna
1st November 2007, 09:16 AM
The star picket is a booby trap and you might get done for it,
but if you was disposing of unwanted bricks yer might be fine.

Christopha
1st November 2007, 10:03 AM
Bricks? Nar just fill the bugger with water.... if they hit it quick enough they will give your nature strip a fine watering!

bitingmidge
1st November 2007, 10:05 AM
Here they are sort of skew nailed into the axle-slot thingie with a bit of plastic, no springs no nothing. The plug is white so it's easy to see, and it goes down at a bit of an angle, you should be able to poke around a bit to find it (if you've got the same set up).

I drill out the plastic, then use a standard wall plug and gyprock screw to replace it.

Cheers,

P

Gra
1st November 2007, 10:38 AM
The star picket is a booby trap and you might get done for it,
Not if there was a plant on the other side....

Set it up from the direction they follow. Bin, Star picket, throw away plant.

Put the star picket just high enough out of the ground to take out their sump, when the cops come round to complain, say it was there to support the plant, see...

nothing they can do, the cops will suspect and probably have a laugh about it, but wont be able to prove a thing:2tsup:

echnidna
1st November 2007, 01:28 PM
I like the filling it with water idea, no evidence left behind.

Sturdee
1st November 2007, 03:52 PM
Not if there was a plant on the other side....

Set it up from the direction they follow. Bin, Star picket, throw away plant.

Put the star picket just high enough out of the ground to take out their sump, when the cops come round to complain, say it was there to support the plant, see...

nothing they can do, the cops will suspect and probably have a laugh about it, but wont be able to prove a thing:2tsup:

Just one minor problem, the nature strip belongs to the council and without specific council approval you are not allowed to plant plants in them. Hence the cops will contact the council who can prosecute you.

The disposing of broken down bricks, old soil and rubble is the best idea.

Peter.