PDA

View Full Version : workshop reno

weisyboy
31st October 2007, 01:55 PM
i have just started renovating my workshop.

before pics are below.

these pics are old there is also 12" thicknesser, tablesaw, and wood lathe in there now as well as about a cube of timber tabletop and 9" of sawdust.

i could harly move.

HappyHammer
31st October 2007, 02:02 PM
Wassit look like now, pictures? Is it totally open on one side? If yes how do you combat rust?

HH.

weisyboy
31st October 2007, 03:09 PM
HH i have never had trouble with rust before it is under the house and has 14 ft of rood out past the edge of the floor:U.

nearly finished the initial clean up.

i have a list of things to build and do.

infeed/outfeed benches for tablesaw
infeed/outfeed benches for planer
bench along side of new lathe.
cuboards
lots more power points (overhead)
dust colecter
offcutbins
extra lights (fluro)
and maby a chainsaw bench if i get time.:2tsup:

oh well back to work.

wheelinround
31st October 2007, 03:58 PM
Hi wiseboy

was it you that cleaned up or the highwinds that blew through or was it because the winds blew everything in there you had to clean up

weisyboy
31st October 2007, 04:21 PM
i get no wind in my shop or verry litle as it is closed in 3 sides witch keeps the wind from blowing threw.

i do get a slight drift down the driveway and in the far end (second photo) witch keps the dust away the air fresh and me cool.

i could not stand to be stuck into an enclosed workshop all day where as i can stay in there for as long as i have work to do.

weisyboy
31st October 2007, 06:10 PM
saw bench finished.

with makeshift 4 x 1 fence (soon to be alloy channel) worked like a charm.

Pops
31st October 2007, 07:46 PM
Hi Wiseboy,

What a great shed mate. Just love that open side with a view of greenery. Are they mango trees I spy there? Wander out for a home grown feed come Christmas.

Does it get a bit chilly in winter, being open and all?

Cheers
Pops

weisyboy
31st October 2007, 07:50 PM
yer we have 50 trees along below the mahinery shed.

it dosent get that cold nothing a flany and a pair of jeans cant fix.

windbreaker
2nd November 2007, 12:17 PM
you make me feel a little guilty. My shed is a shambles. But i am having a garage sale this weekend so maybe I'll have a reno too when I get some space to move..

Pops
2nd November 2007, 04:25 PM
yer we have 50 trees along below the mahinery shed.

it dosent get that cold nothing a flany and a pair of jeans cant fix.

Wow, 50 mango tress. Top little shed with a top garden. I am envious, (I really like mangos). :2tsup:

Thanks for the photos Weiseyboy, (got your name right this time, oops! ).:doh: And the next project out of the shed will be ???

Cheers
Pops

weisyboy
4th November 2007, 09:06 PM
there is a nice little table in process (in first new pic)

we sell the mangos of the trees. we also had over 7 acres of banabas but they got bunchy top.

now all we got is the 50 mangos, 10 avacados, and about an acre of rockmelons, tomatos, spuds and cucumbers,

Pops
5th November 2007, 12:04 PM
Crikey mate, that lot should keep you busy in the garden.

Nice 'little' table in progress there!

Keep us posted on that one.

Cheers
Pops