PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen these

boysie39
6th November 2007, 09:01 AM
I wonder if any of you have come across this set of turning tools. They come in a box of 8 sorry I dont have photo. they are labeled Neilson but I dont think it's the FAMOUS one. They are a fine looking set,about 1/8" HSS and nice handles. They cost about 100euro per set which is about 60 stg. I'm not sure how much in your money.
You may have guessed that I am a beginnerand havent much idea about turning tools .to look at they compare to the Taylor tools as regards usage ,no idea. But there a lot hefter than the ones I got with the second hand lathe I bought Draper beginner I would think. Any Imput most welcome, love the forum picking up lots of bits and pieces of info. Thanks and regards to all Boysie Slan Leat.:U

OGYT
6th November 2007, 11:18 AM
Don't know anything about Neilson tools, but I would shy away from buying a set... they usually have some tools you won't use. Tool buying is usually dependent upon what you want to turn the most of... for instance if you think you're gonna turn a lot of bowls, you'll probably not need a couple more spindle gouges, but a bowl gouge instead.
Welcome to the forum, Boysie! This is the best place to get some awesome advice. (not necessarily mine, tho') :D

ihog
7th November 2007, 12:10 AM
Don't know anything about Neilson tools, but I would shy away from buying a set... they usually have some tools you won't use. Tool buying is usually dependent upon what you want to turn the most of... for instance if you think you're gonna turn a lot of bowls, you'll probably not need a couple more spindle gouges, but a bowl gouge instead.
Welcome to the forum, Boysie! This is the best place to get some awesome advice. (not necessarily mine, tho') :D

Sage advice.

boysie39
7th November 2007, 10:47 AM
:2tsup: Thanks fellows" Neilson" have been kicked to touch,
Regards Boysie Slan Leat.