PDA

View Full Version : Hare and Forbes 3 Day Sale starts 8/11/07

hux
7th November 2007, 05:44 PM
Guys

I have the H&F flyer for their 3 day sale starting tomorrow....Brisbane branch anyway.

Never a bad time to go in so the next 3 days is even better.

:2tsup:

Metal Head
7th November 2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks for that Hux. I hear the divorce rate goes up a bit at this time of year:).

This is the link for the flyer for those in Victoria.

http://www.hareandforbes.com.au/sample_2/SaleFlyer/2007_Nov/VIC.pdf

MH

Metal Head
7th November 2007, 09:41 PM
It appears the Sydney branch have organized for some of their products to be shown off and you are given advice on how to use them:2tsup:.

MH

munruben
7th November 2007, 09:45 PM
Guys

I have the H&F flyer for their 3 day sale starting tomorrow....Brisbane branch anyway.

Never a bad time to go in so the next 3 days is even better.

:2tsup:Where abouts in Brisbane are they?

Pat
7th November 2007, 09:47 PM
NSW (http://www.hareandforbes.com.au/sample_2/AnnualSale_All_2007.html)

hux
7th November 2007, 10:01 PM
Where abouts in Brisbane are they?

626 Boundary rd Coopers Plains. Turn west off Beaudesert rd and its about 3 along on the northern side of the road. Huge building - can't miss it.

wheelinround
8th November 2007, 09:38 AM
:rolleyes: new car :rolleyes: new tools which to choose well today is the 8th

Pat
8th November 2007, 09:40 AM
Tools!

wheelinround
8th November 2007, 09:52 AM
Tools!

What he said I'm off see you later or at H&F in about 1/2hr.

Ok Back after 3 1/2 hrs
a roll round a chat with members of Cumberland & Blue Mnts Turners Pete & Bill. Pete's the fellow who convinced me to buy the Jet Mini he's now got a foot imprint on his A$%%.
A free cuppa and sausage sanga by some scouts group.
Oh yeh and some browsing tools time and spending.

Bought The 8 piece HSS chisel set, a Roller Steady, the Magnetic base & dial indicator, Compound vice (which I forgot about at SWWS ) a couple of 600mm & 450mm quick release clamps these were dirt cheap from $4 , a set 8 T-hex drivers.

These I didn't buy but are on the list.

Checked out the bandsaws I was looking at the small bench model BP-250 LOML said nah thats the one you need BP-352
then checked out the TS-250 which i wasn't impressed with the top looked cheap n nasty but at $169 better than a triton cause it comes with everything .
The scroll saws The Rt-100 router table now thats smoking cast top, the multitool belt disc sanding grinder all for a top price of $199. Then those starter kits metal and wood tuners.

A few demos being done with various stuff bandsaws metal lathes woodtuners the multitool grinder.

well thats me pressies for chrissy n birthday.

sorry about the quality of the photos

Oh photo 3 is of a set of 12 clamps i picked up ages ago at Bunnies this is one of the large there are various sizes went back to get a 2nd lot and they were all gone

munruben
8th November 2007, 04:41 PM
626 Boundary rd Coopers Plains. Turn west off Beaudesert rd and its about 3 along on the northern side of the road. Huge building - can't miss it.Thanks will try to get there and have a look around.:)

munruben
8th November 2007, 04:44 PM
What he said I'm off see you later or at H&F in about 1/2hr.
Ok Back after 3 1/2 hrs Wow you didn't stay long then Wheelin':)

wheelinround
8th November 2007, 05:26 PM
Wow you didn't stay long then Wheelin':)

Well I have to think of LOML John she is with me always has to be she's my driver.

Chatting to long didn't help either.

should have taken the camera those fellows with their indexed lathes and home made lathes a fantastic.

Not to worry its just another 1/2 hr drive.

hux
8th November 2007, 07:25 PM
Well todays sale was for Brisbane just a tag on to the Sydney sale not like their national sale earlier in the year.

Went in this PM at Brissy and the place was full. Richard was saying it was actually quiet whilst I was there and had been heaps busier than earlier in the day.
The bar bender I wanted was on back order and they back ordered and will honour the price so that was all good - however I couldn't leave empty handed so a nice new 8" Abbott and Ashby bench grinder found it's way into the boot. :2tsup:

Sooooo many nice tools so little cash :(

Calm
8th November 2007, 08:10 PM
Wheelin I bought the roller steady a couple of years ago. Found it very handy - a small modifiction was to redrill and tap the 3 clamp bolt holes further back to allow a bigger diameter to fit. I think i had to grind the end of the screw that goes through the roller as well to allow it to pass.

Now it works even better.

Good pickup:2tsup::2tsup::D - tools we just cant seem to have enough

wheelinround
9th November 2007, 07:25 AM
Wheelin I bought the roller steady a couple of years ago. Found it very handy - a small modifiction was to redrill and tap the 3 clamp bolt holes further back to allow a bigger diameter to fit. I think i had to grind the end of the screw that goes through the roller as well to allow it to pass.

Now it works even better.

Good pickup:2tsup::2tsup::D - tools we just cant seem to have enough

Calm thanks for that I will hopfully be unpacking it today and will check it out :2tsup:

Why did you need to grind the screw :?

Calm
9th November 2007, 07:29 AM
Why did you need to grind the screw :?

I think when you look there is enough rom to make new holes further out, but i think the screws that go through the roller bearing protrudes at the back and will catch on the main frame when you open them up wider with the new holes - hard to explain but if you dont understand i can take photos tonight to show you.

Pat
9th November 2007, 11:02 AM
Wheelin' I saw thaose spring clamps in the Wollongong Bunnies a few weeks ago. I'll duck in there over the weekend. 12 for about $20. I got the other set, the black plastic spring clamps for about $10, ended up using them so much I brought another set for me and a set for mum for here craft stall.

wheelinround
9th November 2007, 01:41 PM
I think when you look there is enough rom to make new holes further out, but i think the screws that go through the roller bearing protrudes at the back and will catch on the main frame when you open them up wider with the new holes - hard to explain but if you dont understand i can take photos tonight to show you.

Thanks Calm got out to have a look at it understand re-holes :2tsup: top idea my old engineering mate next door said so too.

Then I lifted it up to try on the Jet Mini lathe :rolleyes: you know got to see what it looks like how it :oo: fits:no::~ :C:C:C I have two no three choices

1 Return it get money back
2 have it machined to fit its about 1/8th
3 Have a piece or make piece so it fits the sled
no sorry 4 choices buy a bigger lathe.

Wheelin' I saw thaose spring clamps in the Wollongong Bunnies a few weeks ago. I'll duck in there over the weekend. 12 for about $20. I got the other set, the black plastic spring clamps for about $10, ended up using them so much I brought another set for me and a set for mum for here craft stall.

Hi Pat LOML not happy with you says your a bad influence
1 posting NSW catalouge
2 encouraging TOOLs not CAR
3 now teasing cause you can get those clamps :D

Pat
10th November 2007, 10:18 AM
Wheelin, Sontax Heavy Duty Spring Clamp pack (11614) $12.90 at Bunnies Wollongong, got the last pack. Your if you want them and they are the correct ones for the $12.90 + postage.

Otherwise I'll just throw them into the maw, you can never have too many clamps:U

Apologies for the poor photo.

wheelinround
11th November 2007, 12:07 AM
Wheelin, Sontax Heavy Duty Spring Clamp pack (11614) $12.90 at Bunnies Wollongong, got the last pack. Your if you want them and they are the correct ones for the $12.90 + postage.

Otherwise I'll just throw them into the maw, you can never have too many clamps:U

Apologies for the poor photo.

Pat thanks for the offer I'm fine add them in your MAW collection

Ray

Grahame Collins
11th November 2007, 10:30 AM
Hi guys
A me too,here!
I decided to give H &F a go .The sale is only ok if they have what you want on sale.
I ordered a pair of AF 140 QC toolpost holders (thanx Hux) but they weren't in a sale mood on them .Still the standard $44 but cheaper than $65 from the Vic mob.Seems they mispriced the last lot at $35 but did not want do that the second time.
Next trick is to sneak the goods past the handbrake and avoid the Spanish Inquisition into why I have to have them.
catcha
Grahame
Grahame

hux
11th November 2007, 10:40 AM
Hi guys
A me too,here!
I decided to give H &F a go .The sale is only ok if they have what you want on sale.
I ordered a pair of AF 140 QC toolpost holders (thanx Hux) but they weren't in a sale mood on them .Still the standard $44 but cheaper than $65 from the Vic mob.Seems they mispriced the last lot at $35 but did not want do that the second time.
Next trick is to sneak the goods past the handbrake and avoid the Spanish Inquisition into why I have to have them.
catcha
Grahame
Grahame

That's weird that no discount on the holders. I bought the A&A grinder at a discount and it was a "sale item".

As to why you have the holders - you NEED them. Simple as that.

My SWMBO is always raising her eyebrow at the latest ebay purchase ending up at the front door. "Ahh that's a xxxxxx (insert item of desire) - I need that for xxxxx (insert semi believable excuse)".
Sometimes I even tell her about my latest Ebay treasure I am watching - currently some Sandvik inserts for one of my facemills.

arose62
11th November 2007, 03:38 PM
My Dad bought himself an X3 mill, plus smd bits-n-pieces.

I manfully refrained from getting an AL-320G lathe (but only 'cause we're in the throes of buying a new house).

I did grab a set of Scheppach jigs (Woodturners' kit) for $129, hoping that they'd fit the Tormek I have on loan. I've checked, and they at least fit the mounting bar thingy, but the instructions Suck! Maybe that's why Tormek charge such huge prices - for useful instructions??

Cheers,
Andrew

Pat
11th November 2007, 08:29 PM
No Problems Wheelin, I have filed them as the emergency, run out of all other spring clamps, clamps. I do have two dozen hanging aroung the shed at the moment.

graemet
11th November 2007, 09:39 PM
I went over on Friday, more to see the demos than anything else. I have been doing a bit of hacksawing and filing lately so naturally been lusting after a mill. There's not much room left in the shed but I managed to get myself talked into a HM-10 as it will just fit and will do all I need for some time. They were out of stock, despite having it in the brochure at $100 off. Still, they have put my name on one arriving in 3 weeks and will honour the price. The starters kit of collets, cutters etc was already discounted but still a bargain. Also got 10% off a replacement for my old crummy 4 jaw.:2tsup:
Cheers
Graeme

wheelinround
12th November 2007, 07:47 AM
There were some good demos going on Friday not that I got to see them all either to busy chatting or checking out tools and machinery at Northmead.

notenoughtoys
12th November 2007, 08:53 AM
They were out of stock, despite having it in the brochure at $100 off. Still, they have put my name on one arriving in 3 weeks and will honour the price.

Graeme

Same here.
I couldn't make it as I was going away Fri for the weekend so I got on the phone early Fri morning to buy the DC-3 dust collector advertised at $249, I was told they were sold out at 09.30 on day 1? They ordered one for me at the price but I would have thought they'd have these items in stock if they're included in the sale.