PDA

View Full Version : Another addition

Big Shed
8th November 2007, 03:38 PM
Ever since I bought the 15" thicknesser I have been eying off a dedicated jointer. I have a planer/thicknesser as well as the thicknesser and wanted a dedicated jointer to replace that.

I had looked at the 8" jointer at C/tec and have been tempted a few times. Last week I was browsing through one of the GraysOnline auctions (bad habit) and came across an 8" Woodman jointer(1991). To cut a long story short, I placed the winning bid for it. Went to collect it (Melbourne) yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by its' condition, actually looked better "in the flesh" than in the auction photo.

Got it home yesterday, and with the help of the trusty carry-all on the tractor got it out of the trailer and in to the shed.

Spent a few hours today disassembling things and cleaning and lubricating, end result is one nice jointer with straight beds. Only things left to do are fitting a dust port and making up a mobile base. Also need to remove blades and get them sharpened as they have a few nicks. Other than that, it works very well nad for undre half new price I'm not complaining.

Was surprised that it had a 15A plug, the motor is only 2hp.

wheelinround
8th November 2007, 03:49 PM
:2tsup::2tsup: nice score BShed

les88
8th November 2007, 05:03 PM
Top bid..... top planer.. it looks similar to my planer from gasweld:2tsup:
les

DJ’s Timber
8th November 2007, 05:07 PM
Great pickup BS :2tsup:

Good solid and clean looking machine :2tsup:

Waldo
8th November 2007, 05:08 PM
G'day Big Shed,

Gotta love it. :2tsup:

Scally
8th November 2007, 11:11 PM
Well done Big Shed.

You are getting plenty of practice making mobile bases.

Ron Dunn
8th November 2007, 11:27 PM
"Mobile Base" <-- new name for tractor.

wattlewemake
9th November 2007, 10:49 AM
Thats plain nasty big shed... showing me your good score:rolleyes:

Been lookin for one for about 5 months now up in qld. Not one decent 8" jointer has come up for sale. Ebay nope trading post nope weekend shopper nope.:( Even considered a 3 phase to convert but none of those have been sighted either.

Think I might have to go and buy a jet when I get my new table saw. At least new gear will be the same colour as the bandsaw:p

Good luck with your new machine:2tsup:

Shane.

Pops
9th November 2007, 05:56 PM
Hi BS,

That is one very solid looking machine, with a nice long fence too. The fence in also cast iron by the look, better than the aaloy one I reckon.

Mighty fine score. We will of course expect to see pictures of the first shavings. :)

Cheers
Pops

aljenit
13th November 2007, 08:36 PM
Ever since I bought the 15" thicknesser I have been eying off a dedicated jointer. I have a planer/thicknesser as well as the thicknesser and wanted a dedicated jointer to replace that.

:U:U:U:U
Congratulations Big shed.
I picked up (well not literally because it's bloody heavy:roll:)
a woodman planer/jointer 10" at my local auction house and it runs like a dream.
Any takers on how to get a replacement swarf extractor?? The woodman is nearly 20 years old.
Th:cool:nks

Blackout
11th December 2007, 07:42 PM
Big Shed,

Congratulations on the score. I finally found a 6" joiner to go with my 15" thicknesser but yours looks muck nicer.

Cheers,

mozzie26
18th December 2007, 03:46 AM
Looks like my Hafco P200 is a copy of that Woodman jointer. My jointer is my favourite machine. I just love the way you can turn scrap rubbish looking wood into something useable.

Glen.