PDA

View Full Version : Need some bricks to match

DJ’s Timber
8th November 2007, 07:41 PM
When I had the power upgraded to wire my sheds up, I had to put in a new meter box as it did not meet the regulations.

So my new meterbox is 2 brick courses shorter in height then the original one, so that means I need to pick up some bricks to fill in the hole :doh:

Does anyone have some the some or know where I can get some?

brickman
8th November 2007, 10:28 PM
See if there are any below ground or under a deck etc. that u can remove and replace with commons as every batch of bricks varies in shades and textures . Recycling not seen bricks would probably be the best option , cheers

DJ’s Timber
8th November 2007, 10:43 PM
See if there are any below ground or under a deck etc. that u can remove and replace with commons

Already tried that, only got 1 brick. Main prob here is only the end walls of the house are brick whilst the rest is weather board.

brickman
8th November 2007, 10:46 PM
Any extra bricks above eaves or in gable ends ( if any )? . Othe option is to infill above meter box with matching flashing , just trying to help . Cheers

Brickie
9th November 2007, 11:35 AM
Do you have a better pic DJ, I am on a job at the moment that has very similar looking bricks.

DJ’s Timber
9th November 2007, 11:45 AM
Do you have a better pic DJ, I am on a job at the moment that has very similar looking bricks.

Brickie
9th November 2007, 11:51 AM
Close but no cigar, mind you if you smear mud on the new brick, they will blend in a treat..:roll:

I try to get a pic tomorrow.

DJ’s Timber
9th November 2007, 11:53 AM
Cheers, so are you offering to blend them in as well :roll: :whistling:

Brickie
9th November 2007, 11:55 AM
Cheers, so are you offering to blend them in as well :roll: :whistling:

Of course, no problem, you know where I live, just swing by one day with the house.. :2tsup:

DJ’s Timber
9th November 2007, 12:06 PM
Of course, no problem, you know where I live, just swing by one day with the house.. :2tsup:

:rofl:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
9th November 2007, 04:20 PM
Render unto DJ... :innocent:

Brickie
9th November 2007, 04:26 PM
Render unto DJ... :innocent:

The brickwork looks part way rendered as it is..:doh:

Brickie
10th November 2007, 02:28 PM
This is what I laying at the moment, like I said close, but no cigar.

Let me know and Ill get you a dozen or so..

DJ’s Timber
10th November 2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks Brickie, might keep looking. If I can't get a closer match, I think I might make up a trim to go around it.