PDA

View Full Version : Skillmill purchase

Wild Dingo
9th November 2007, 01:23 AM
Well FINALLY!! the Kiwi sheila the missus is starting to call my "secret girlfriend" due to my constant emailing her has FINALLY come back with the cost of getting this thing over here to me! WHAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! 5K all up to Bunbury!!

BUT... always a bloody but eh :doh: anyway she made the quote up for just the machine and I was thinking of some extras you know log rollers extra blades extra length rails etc so Ive emailed her back and hopefully she will move her pretty luttle butcheeks a bit swifter than the 2 months its taken to get this far :roll:

As this will be my first mill (a perfect way to convince her highness of the value of the bigger more costly peterson mill I actually want) any info anyone has on these beasties would be appreciated... Ian I think it was went up there to their business and (someone MS or ML? or MJ I cant remember her initials mate sorry bout that) had a whirl and thought it was pretty snazzy... so anyone actually bought one?

Anyway was wondering if anyone has the price list of the options they could zap through to me?

Cheers

Pusser
9th November 2007, 09:02 AM
Lucky you will have a few trees to try it out on.

BobL
9th November 2007, 09:34 AM
Whoo Hoo!!!
:clap::hpydans::clap3:

Ianab
9th November 2007, 12:19 PM
Excellent :2tsup:

Yes it was me and MJ that went over to the factory open day and had a good play with them.

I think MJ would have bought one home if we didn't already have a full size version :wink:

Cheers
Ian

Wild Dingo
12th November 2007, 11:37 AM
Yeah thought it was you... just didnt want to commit to namin names eerr incase I was eerr ummm wrong yer know? :o ...memories a bit soggy just now :doh:

Well... Just heard from the dear wee sheila over there who the missus fondly terms "yer other girlfriend" :U ...man Im gonna have to get over there one day :2tsup:... if for no other reason than to scare the beejeezus outta her!! :U BUT shes a good stick no worries and it seems theres no additional options for extra rails etc with this one... basic model etc... no problems!! Dont slap me MOGF! Im just passin the info on so others will know gorgeous!!

And Ive had a yarn to her bloody highness... now most of you and I also know although sometimes I wonder about me I know Ive told yous mob that we have to move out of here... so the 40ft seatainer is chockers already the shed is 3/4 full and will be chockers by the end of the week and shes ordered another smaller shed for the overflow... the new house we will be renting does not have a shed... NO SHED!!! Seriously what wakker rents or sells a house WITHOUT a shed??? MAD THE BASTADS!!... and unlike some who rent places and dont give a rip how they leave it we tend to take care of those sorts of places so shes given the order "No tools in the house!" sigh :C So that means Ive had to email my beautilishus "other girlfriend" in Kiwi land to let her know theres no mad rush to get it to me as I will have nowhere to store it safely until April May next year :C

BUT!! It will be coming!!! Hell if I have to pay a bloody deposit to make sure the goodlookin one in Kiwi land doesnt sell mine then by gawd I will... but I know these Kiwi sheilas... not only are the sweethearts with a massive sence of humor not only are they cute as buttons and sweet as... they also have hearts a big as Aussie... so I know my "other girlfriend" over there wont mind

And I know she reads the forums!! :2tsup: she wont tell me her login name or even if she has one and THATS scarey shyte eh!! :U

Anyway there we go... its gonna happen the okays been firmly given the orders ready to go we now have to wait for somewhere to keep it when it arrives. :2tsup:

BUNTA
12th November 2007, 03:26 PM
Good to hear your getting a mill old wild one !! & who says you cant flirt when your 50 ha ha

Wild Dingo
12th November 2007, 04:05 PM
Good to hear your getting a mill old wild one !! & who says you cant flirt when your 50 ha ha

:U:U yeah problem would be she's probably all of 18!!! :o :U

But in typical Kiwi fashion she'll be right... dont mind takin the phiss outta the kiwis pack of mad buggars them fellas but gotta give em credit where its due they do got a great sence of the rediculous!! :2tsup: :U

HSV
13th November 2007, 05:39 AM
BOO!

No need for a deposit Wild Dingo, I'll make sure we have one for ya when the time comes. It's great to see someone so passionate about their future Skillmill purchase.

I must say, it's been great fun reading this thread over the past couple of days, thanks for the laughs!

highlander49
22nd October 2008, 09:27 PM
Well FINALLY!! the Kiwi sheila the missus is starting to call my "secret girlfriend" due to my constant emailing her has FINALLY come back with the cost of getting this thing over here to me! WHAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! 5K all up to Bunbury!!

BUT... always a bloody but eh :doh: anyway she made the quote up for just the machine and I was thinking of some extras you know log rollers extra blades extra length rails etc so Ive emailed her back and hopefully she will move her pretty luttle butcheeks a bit swifter than the 2 months its taken to get this far :roll:

As this will be my first mill (a perfect way to convince her highness of the value of the bigger more costly peterson mill I actually want) any info anyone has on these beasties would be appreciated... Ian I think it was went up there to their business and (someone MS or ML? or MJ I cant remember her initials mate sorry bout that) had a whirl and thought it was pretty snazzy... so anyone actually bought one?

Anyway was wondering if anyone has the price list of the options they could zap through to me?

Cheers
Hi Mate
I am buying the skillmill I am in Queensland......Been working the big mills.. and retired now...((( I was milling with the Lucas to day )))) can't get the sawdust out the blood....So this lets my keep my hand in .. I have been around the mills for 30 odd years..and this mill I like the look of it ...and what I have seen.. Hope to have it in the next two weeks .. I am going to video the work I do with It......I gave them a ring when I got in to-day.... And thay are great to talk to ..and thay know what thay are talking about ....(((http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon13.gifVery unlike a mill man thats local to us in Qld http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon13.gif)) .......I have mates that have worked the skillmill....it is just a small mill and its a hobby mill ..it will do a lot .. and is very capable... it has its limits... I will be cutting timber for building furniture and small jobs..I"ll use the big mill for anything bigger...
Hope you get your mill soon

Ibanez
23rd October 2008, 08:01 AM

Cheers

I will be very interested in how you go with the skillmill, eventhough I'm chasing a lucas, the thought of a mill to start with at @5gand in very appealing also being electric I can stick it in my fully airconditioned shed, It hot in Cairns alot of the time

keep us informed

Shayne

Sigidi
23rd October 2008, 09:30 AM
Shayne, Highlander

you might want to ask Wild Dingo how he feels concerning his Skill mill, by my reckoning he would have had it for about a year - this was posted in NOV 07 ;)

highlander49
23rd October 2008, 09:33 AM
I will be very interested in how you go with the skillmill, eventhough I'm chasing a lucas, the thought of a mill to start with at @5gand in very appealing also being electric I can stick it in my fully airconditioned shed, It hot in Cairns alot of the time

keep us informed

Shayne
Hi Buddy
The Lucas is a good mill.....if you are going through them ask for Jenny Lucas... You will find them excellent to deal with... There is an electric Lucas going for sale...but its a big one....its Second hand .....I think the problem that peterson is going to have is there own office in NZ.. .I have worked there big mills and and I would say to have a look at them as well as Lucas......(((((.Any dealings with Petersen ask for Kerris and you will get thing going for you...I would ask you to send her an email and tell her what has gone on....it will help us all in the long run ))))
I phoned NZ and spoke to Kerris.....the owner Guess what....I got an email this morning with all the info on it....It makes me wonder about getting parts... According to there rep in Qld this wee mill can cut iron girders and farts sparks.....Not good ....its a good wee mill... I am having second thoughts.....I am down in Nobby Just out from Warwick......I would like to move up your way.........thinking of selling up next year...

Mac

highlander49
23rd October 2008, 09:39 AM
Shayne, Highlander

you might want to ask Wild Dingo how he feels concerning his Skill mill, by my reckoning he would have had it for about a year - this was posted in NOV 07 ;)

Ok
I"ll get on to him now
Mac

Ibanez
23rd October 2008, 09:00 PM
Shayne, Highlander

Yep one of those days after I'd read and replied to the post and pressed submit, did I realise the date, thanks

Ibanez
23rd October 2008, 09:10 PM
Hi Buddy
The Lucas is a good mill.....if you are going through them ask for Jenny Lucas... You will find them excellent to deal with... There is an electric Lucas going for sale...but its a big one....its Second hand .....I think the problem that peterson is going to have is there own office in NZ.. .I have worked there big mills and and I would say to have a look at them as well as Lucas......(((((.Any dealings with Petersen ask for Kerris and you will get thing going for you...I would ask you to send her an email and tell her what has gone on....it will help us all in the long run ))))
I phoned NZ and spoke to Kerris.....the owner Guess what....I got an email this morning with all the info on it....It makes me wonder about getting parts... According to there rep in Qld this wee mill can cut iron girders and farts sparks.....Not good ....its a good wee mill... I am having second thoughts.....I am down in Nobby Just out from Warwick......I would like to move up your way.........thinking of selling up next year...

Mac

Good Info, come to the north, wait for the next cyclone and more trees than you can deal will just turn up, Ive still got massive silky oaks (Cardwellia) and Johnson River hardwood, lying at Japoon, Near Innisfail to deal with over two years after Cyclone Larry, and heaps of others that I have to work out how to get to them. or them to me

If all go well, I have an order to Lucas for a 6-14 in the next week, I'll keep you posted

Shayne

Wild Dingo
25th October 2008, 01:26 AM
Strewth!! Id forgotten all about this thread! :doh:

Okay as you will notice I said way back when... "the house WE are going to rent"... Well that turned into the house she rented... all hell broke loose just after New Years and in February she broke the bonds of marriage and shot through to the next town and that was the end of the skillmill saga... along with pretty much everything else till recently :roll:

Okay now almost 9 months since she bolted Im almost back on my feet... sorta... and have started sorting things out and have recontacted Skillmill and started working toward the goal of buying one of the things!

Price has risen... as has everything else no biggie there... but its gonna take me a few months to sort things enough to say "rightio go ahead and send it" so I cant say as yet what its like... as Ive still not got the thing!! :~

But I WILL get one!! :2tsup:

Cheers
Shane

Funny thing when I emailed them I got a lovely email back discreatly asking me if Im SURE I really really want to buy a skillmill and not one of the bigger heftier models... which hey I will take one at the skillmill price no wukkers! :; so I explained the change in direction and how its only for a "hobby" and not industry and so the price SANS frieght to Freo came through... 6K+ but I did ask for a few extras so no wukkers again... but without a price on the cost to get it hear it all comes to a sliding grinding halt again :C

God I love Kiwis!! :q :U

jandc
17th August 2009, 05:55 AM
did u buy the skillmill?

Honorary Bloke
17th August 2009, 06:35 AM
did u buy the skillmill?

Erm . . . No, he did not. :)

jandc
18th August 2009, 07:09 AM
Does someone else here got a Skillmill?
Does it work good?

jandc

belgium

Mathuranatha
18th August 2009, 11:40 AM
Yep I've got a skill mill , had it about 2 years .Apparently they havn't been making them lately .

Dont get a lot of time to use it with all my other toys.First mill I,ve had so cant really compare it 2 anything .Been good to learn on. Can only cut about 4m long boards though.Not very powerful but no exhaust fumes and electricity is still a lot cheaper than petrol.I just keep it near the house and bring the logs to it .

If I could afford it I would get a bigger mill for longer and wider boards and still keep the skill mill for smaller jobs.----mat