PDA

View Full Version : Foam

Woodmax
14th November 2007, 11:37 PM
G'day mates,
Anyone knows the foam should comply with which Australian Standard and where can I find it?
TIA.
WM

Pusser
15th November 2007, 12:01 AM
You can do a search on standards here http://www.saiglobal.com/shop/Script/Provider.asp?Db=AS

ADDA
29th March 2009, 09:36 AM
Hey there!
if you go to www.dunlop.com.au you will find PDF files giving you the correct density for all Polyurethane Foams and their Density and Size;

(I.E in Acoustics we use 48/96 Kg/m3 Density Fibreglass or Polyester, indeed Tontine Acoustisorb 3 @ 48/Kg/m3 would be perfect and you can cut it to size, regarding Polyurethane Foam the 29/33 Kg/m3 Density is used (Fireproof) for Acoustics.) Though as I understand the heavier 55-60 Kg/m3 or often more/less often used depending on requirements for bedding & furniture is used for arm rests and backing to mould to the frame etc. Dunlop should have what you require or Tontine (United Bonded) and you should get a Pro Forma Invoice going if you order enough.

I hope this helps..... First post on the forum & all being a newbie.
Cheers
ADDA

ADDA
29th March 2009, 09:39 AM
Sorry, also forgot to mention they conform to the ISO900/9001 & ATSM Standards.
Cheers,
ADDA

Ali G
29th March 2009, 10:36 AM
What are your plans for it?

I can recomend the Dunlop enduro, been using it for years although I prefer the next grade down, a 25/60 in foam for backs with a helping of enduro 36/130 for lumber support:2tsup:

jatt
31st March 2009, 05:05 PM
Here is another thing. I know my boss buys foam mattresses direct from Dunlop.

Pricing is much better than what he can buy retail. Also found many transport companies (Toll comes to mind) wont freight them. When you find someone to freight them for u the cost is quite high, can only assume its a cubic size thing.

Its much cheaper for him to jump in a ute in Bendigo and pick them up himself from Melb, fuel included.

joe greiner
31st March 2009, 09:40 PM
Here is another thing. I know my boss buys foam mattresses direct from Dunlop.

Pricing is much better than what he can buy retail. Also found many transport companies (Toll comes to mind) wont freight them. When you find someone to freight them for u the cost is quite high, can only assume its a cubic size thing.

Its much cheaper for him to jump in a ute in Bendigo and pick them up himself from Melb, fuel included.
That's right. It costs more to ship air than solids. A seaborne vessel containing air has less draft for stability, and is harder to control. A truck trailer full of air has less ballast weight, and requires more careful driving.

Cheers,
Joe

montiee
6th April 2009, 08:33 PM
A truck trailer full of air has less ballast weight, and requires more careful driving.

Cheers,
Joe

Damn, imagine the skill level of those drivers with empty trailers :lol: