PDA

View Full Version : Arts technician

Andy Mac
16th November 2007, 10:52 AM
We're looking around for someone to fill in for me while I go on long service leave in Jan-March, with the probability the position will continue. The job is at the uni in Toowoomba, looking after 5 studio areas: sculpture, ceramics, printmaking, textiles and painting/drawing. Some mechanical knowledge is required, with basic welding skills and woodworking a definite advantage...basically an odd-job man (or woman). Need to be versatile and think on your feet!:D Each day is completely different: servicing consumables, cleaning, general maintenance and repair of such things as weaving looms, pottery kilns and wheels, printing presses.
The conditions are good (with some extra perks like the library, and being surrounded by creative and sometimes intelligent people:p), but pay doesn't compare with tradework and there's no overtime. However, Toowoomba is cheaper to live in than cities like Brisbane.

Anyone interested please PM me.

Cheers,

q9
17th December 2007, 11:48 PM
I can't weld, but I could probably do all the other stuff. Worked down with van Erp's crew a few years ago. What's the pay? I am doing a masters next year and may need a job with more flexibility than I have now...

Andy Mac
18th December 2007, 03:03 PM
Hi q9,
Looks like we found a guy in Brisbane who's willing to move, but thanks for the interest anyway.

Cheers,

q9
18th December 2007, 06:56 PM
Oh, ok then. Should have gotten in earlier :doh: