PDA

View Full Version : Little Waldo

Waldo
16th November 2007, 10:56 AM
:woot:

Little Waldo came into the world yesterday and I can finally tell everyone that I have a little son. :woot: :hpydans2: :lb: :hapy: :cool2:

He was born at 33 weeks and 3 days, his arrival wasn't a surprise as we all knew that Kylie was reaching the stage where it was getting too much to keep on going. But little Waldo had his own thoughts on that, he decided to sendf his Mummy into early labour.

So speeding along the Eastern Freeway and then along the emergency lane past a very nasty accident we finally got to Frances Perry at the Royal Womens Hospital where Kylie was taken in for an emergency caesarean.

James Ian Waldron was born at 12:45pm Thursday 15 November. The fat little buddah weighs 3.77 kg or 8.5 lb in the old money. As expected he had some difficulty with his lungs and breathing, his sugars were also extremely low. He started off in the Special Care Unit and not long after went into the NICU ward. As of this morning his sugar was up to 2.9 which is a bg improvement and last night was breathing on his own. James will stay in NICU until his sugars are satisfactory and then he'll go into Special Care.

I've only not long come home after staying the night with Kylie who was in immense pain after the birth and had all manner of drugs under the sun to relieve the pain. The Morphine given to her was more than normally given which knocks most women out, but Kylie still wanted more. She'll be in hospital recovering for a few more days yet.

The Waldo family is complete and there won't be anymore, and as well as a beautiful wife and daughter I also now have a son to love and cherish. :C (in a very happy way).

:woot:

Wood Butcher
16th November 2007, 11:00 AM
:partysmiley:What can I say but a huge congratulations!! :Party:

Good to hear that Kylie is doing well (considering) and James (man what a head of hair!!) is improving rapidly (8.5lb christ imagine if he made it to 40 weeks:oo:)

Congrats Waldo!!

DJ’s Timber
16th November 2007, 11:03 AM
Great news Waldo :2tsup:.

Hope Kylie is feeling better today and will be back home soon to keep a tight rein on you :U

As for little Junior, sounds like he already has a mind of his own :o and should be up and about before you know

Waldo
16th November 2007, 11:03 AM
G'day Wood Butcher,

Yeah, the little bloke was 7 lb two weeks ago, glad she didn't have to go anymore as he's a big little tyke.
:2tsup:

Waldo
16th November 2007, 11:04 AM
and will be back home soon to keep a tight rein on you :U

:innocent: Yeah, what else can I buy before she comes home?

Big Shed
16th November 2007, 11:05 AM
Congrats Waldo, Kylie and daughter on the new arrival. Johanna and I are extremely pleased that this ended so well. With that birth weight Kylie should be happy she didn't go full term!:oo:

Great stuff:2tsup:

Waldo
16th November 2007, 11:07 AM
G'day Big Shed,

Thanks. Kylie can only get better now, it'll be slow for a bit yet, but at least the first part is over for her and her body can start to recover.

jmk89
16th November 2007, 11:11 AM
Congrats on the safe arrivals (both by car and in the labour ward).:2tsup:
Welcome to James.
It is wonderful to have two kids (proud Dad speaking!!)
May Kylie and you derive as much fun from your two as Ros and I have got from our two...:):)

silentC
16th November 2007, 11:18 AM
Congratulations mate. A pigeon pair, same as my two. It's good to have the girl older than the boy because she will look after him and tell you when he's been naughty!

Well done and I hope the missus is recovering well.

Alastair
16th November 2007, 11:23 AM
Congrats Waldo,

Gotta go with Silent as well. Mine are 14 & 16 now, and it has been pure (expensive) pleasure.

Hope for a quick recuperation, and quiet nights!!!

regards

NCArcher
16th November 2007, 11:35 AM
Congrats Waldo and Family.
:welcome4:

to Waldo Jnr.
Glad everyone is going to be ok.

Do you want me to pm my address so you know where to send the cigar? :U

Wongo
16th November 2007, 11:38 AM
Congratulations bro.:)

That is a big boy for an early arrival.:oo:

I am happy with all girls thank you very much. :D

Waldo
16th November 2007, 11:40 AM
Do you want me to pm my address so you know where to send the cigar? :U

No problems, any cigar I get I'll give to you. BIL sent me a Cuban cigar when Sarah was born, spent a few hours smoking it in the shed, then later I spent a minute or so throwing up. Okay at first but towards the end :yuk:

Andy Mac
16th November 2007, 11:42 AM
Congratulations Waldo and Kylie, he's a good looking fella, especially with that of hair! Hope all goes well.:2tsup:

Cheers,

Waldo
16th November 2007, 11:44 AM
I am happy with all girls thank you very much. :D

I'll ask you if you still are when all three girls are (how can I say without being taken the wrong way?) having their monthly visit?

Neighbour is coming over here to stay when his two and SWMBO are up on blocks - he hopes they all have it the same time, I hope they have it one after the other. :D

RufflyRustic
16th November 2007, 12:26 PM
Congratulations Waldo, Kylie and Family!!!! :U :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I'm so relieved and I bet you are too. Such fantastic news!!!!

Blessings, good wishes and a speedy path to health for Kylie and James!!

cheers
Wendy

Waldo
16th November 2007, 12:29 PM
G'day Rufffly,

Thanks. Yep, I'm relieved all right, now the toing and froing to hospital and juggling work etc. begins.

Forgive me everyone if i don't personally reply to your messages, I'm reading them but. :2tsup:

Pops
16th November 2007, 12:42 PM
Hi Waldo,

What Ruffly R and everyone else said. Congratulations !!!! Most joyfull news. All the best wishes for you , Kylie and family.

Cheers
Pops

Ruddigar
16th November 2007, 12:43 PM
Congratulations Waldo. :2tsup:

Great news. :2tsup:

Pat
16th November 2007, 12:55 PM
Congratulations Waldo and Kylie. Waldo, how long to the new apprentice finishes the router table:U

kman-oz
16th November 2007, 12:59 PM
What a podger! 8lb 5oz is a *big* boy for 33 weeks Waldo. I'll bet he'll be a good eater! Congratulations, to have a happy healthy son is an undescribable feeling isn't it? :D

Bleedin Thumb
16th November 2007, 01:39 PM
Well done Waldo ( & Mrs Waldo ) I know what a good feeling it is - see my post.

TEEJAY
16th November 2007, 02:19 PM
Fantastic and truly wonderful news.

Godbless to you and your little tribe :2tsup:

My little chappie is now three years old and it is wonderful to watch him trying to copy his dad. Many wonderful years ahead mr Waldo - ENJOY and Celebrate the greatest thing life has to offer.

Last night I was outside moving some timber slabs and didn't have on a shirt to avoid getting one dirty for such a short task - next thing the little fella is beside me ripping off his shirt and grabbing one end of a slab 5 times his weight - cute as :D

fred.n
16th November 2007, 02:32 PM
Congrats Waldo :2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
16th November 2007, 02:46 PM
Now look at that two new arrivals to the Waldo family one came kicking and screaming the other for the lathe.

Congrat's to Mr & Mrs Waldo and welcome to a woodies world Master Waldo.

watson
16th November 2007, 04:02 PM
Congrats!
Are you sure you got the dates right?? The baby looks big enough for preschool!
Great hair.

Geoff Dean
16th November 2007, 08:31 PM
Congrats to all.:D Hope all goes well in the future.::2tsup:

I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof myself at the moment. Tam is now 4 days past her due date, and is more than ready, Number 2 is just taking its time. :?

Howdya do that
16th November 2007, 09:09 PM
Onya Waldo:2tsup:

scooter
16th November 2007, 09:51 PM
Congrats Chris, Kylie, Sarah, & welcome to the world James! :2tsup:

Great news!

Geoff - best of luck, mate.

Cheers..................Sean

Schtoo
17th November 2007, 02:41 AM
Congratulations Waldo and clan. :D

I hope everyone gets home soon.

Unfortunately, that means less sleep for you, but I am sure that's not going to worry you at all. :2tsup:

P.S. He needs a haircut. Do it now before he starts moving around too much. Trust me on that one... ;)

Scally
17th November 2007, 08:45 AM
Welcome James.

Congratulations Waldo and best wishes to Kylie.

I am so glad men can't have babies.

Pretty smart organising a boy and a girl. With my three daughters I never had a good week in the month.

Make sure you have the house clean and ready for them when they get home.
And get rid of any evidence of take aways.
Do you have James' starter tool kit ready yet?

Waldo
17th November 2007, 10:43 PM
G'day,

Yeah Schtoo, I've been getting myself ready for the fact that when the little bloke comes home my nights of sleep will be gone :doh: . Yeah he needs a haircut and a real job.

Scally, the neighbour would've loved it it if I had another girl, for the reason that I'd have to suffer as he will sometime in a few years.

Thanks Scooter. I'll be sleep deprived and shed deprived and probably Forum deprived soon too - at nights anyway.

:2tsup: Howdya I didn't do much, SWMBO did all the hard work. Thankfully blokes can't can't have babies, be stuffed if I cold go through what they women folk do. :no: (did you SMS me on Friday, or was it that Felder fella?)

Geoff, has number 2 come into the world yet?

Watson. The dates were right. Actually there were 4 dates. 15th December was the full term birth date, that got reduced to the 24th November, then todays date the 17th and then finally the 15th. Dates changed due to Kylie's health etc.

Harry72
18th November 2007, 08:16 AM
Congrats Waldo!

Schtoo
18th November 2007, 03:05 PM
G'day,

Watson. The dates were right. Actually there were 4 dates. 15th December was the full term birth date, that got reduced to the 24th November, then todays date the 17th and then finally the 15th. Dates changed due to Kylie's health etc.

This, quite honestly surprises/intrigues/shocks me.

What happened 40 weeks before this date?

(Because the little girl hiding inside Mrs. Schtoo is due on December 14th...)

munruben
18th November 2007, 03:42 PM
:balloons:Congratulations :cheers2:Heres to you and your new son.

Doughboy
18th November 2007, 04:03 PM
Congrats mate and I shall raise a glass of red in honour of you three tonight.

Waldo
19th November 2007, 10:02 AM
This, quite honestly surprises/intrigues/shocks me.

What happened 40 weeks before this date?

(Because the little girl hiding inside Mrs. Schtoo is due on December 14th...)

G'day Schtoo,

Long story short Kylie developed the same symptoms as when she was expecting our little girl. Partly due to being Type 1 diabetic she had an increased build up of amneotic fluid and 95% of the cause no-one has been able to explain, for which she ended up having a cerviacle suture put in - without which it would've been a baby long ago and maybe not even one that would've survived. Basically the fluid build up and that her little body just wasn't meant to have babbies it was always going to be a premmie baby.

Cliff Rogers
19th November 2007, 10:52 PM
Good stuff Waldo. :2tsup:

Waldo
19th November 2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks Cliff. :2tsup:

Gra
19th November 2007, 11:04 PM
been away, missed the exitement.. Woo Hoo:2tsup::2tsup:

Give my best to Mrs Waldo

Waldo
19th November 2007, 11:06 PM
G'day Gra,

Will do and thanks.

Kylie will most likely be home on Wednesday for her birthday, the little bloke - who knows.

ian
19th November 2007, 11:47 PM
Little Waldo came into the world yesterday and I can finally tell everyone that I have a little son.

James Ian Waldron was born at was born at 33 weeks and 3 days. He will stay in NICU until his sugars are satisfactory and then he'll go into Special Care.

Kylie was in immense pain after the birth and had all manner of drugs under the sun to relieve the pain. She'll be in hospital recovering for a few more days yet.I'm really really pleased with this news. Your earlier post about Kylie's health had me worried for all of you.

33 weeks shouldn't be too much drama — just remember that when the local health centre nurse calculates Jame's size at 12 weeks, she'll subtract 7 weeks because he's pemie and plot the data against week 5! (well that's what happened with my son)

If I may, a word of advice don't do it again

ian

Waldo
20th November 2007, 10:33 AM
I'm really really pleased with this news. Your earlier post about Kylie's health had me worried for all of you.

33 weeks shouldn't be too much drama — just remember that when the local health centre nurse calculates Jame's size at 12 weeks, she'll subtract 7 weeks because he's pemie and plot the data against week 5! (well that's what happened with my son)

If I may, a word of advice don't do it again

ian

G'day Ian,

Had us worried for too. Yep, they stuffed with counting the weeks with Sarah, probably will with James too. Do it again? Not a chance. :no:

Waldo
4th December 2007, 05:16 PM
G'day,

Just an update to the little bloke. He came home today :woot:

(now the sleep deprivation begins :doh: )

Clinton1
4th December 2007, 05:41 PM
good to hear Waldo... its been a saga, and now the little one is HOME. :D:U

jmk89
4th December 2007, 05:54 PM
Great news...and now the fun begins:2tsup:

DJ’s Timber
4th December 2007, 09:25 PM
That's fantastic new Waldo :2tsup:, the missus must be pretty happy about that

Big Shed
4th December 2007, 09:34 PM
Great news Waldo, the only sleep you'll get now is sitting in front of the computer:2tsup:

Waldo
4th December 2007, 09:58 PM
G'day,

Yep the next saga begins and the fun too. I'd try tto take him down the shed for initiation but SMWBO would shoot me, seeing as I'm getting over a nasty cold. :(

Missus is happy but tired, I'm happy and need to get up earlier in the morning now so I can attend to my duties. I might get the neighbour over to teach me how to fall asleep successfully - he's got it down to an art, he can be overdosed on vitamins and some how fall asleep standing up and slumped over the kitchen bench. :pointlaugh: his family just leave him there all night, if he's lucky his son will come and dack him.

Terry B
4th December 2007, 10:02 PM
On ya Waldo.
3.77 kg is enormous for a 33 weeker. Imagine how big he would have been if he stayed to term. Front row forward at 6 months old.:oo:

Best wishes

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th December 2007, 10:06 PM
Made a string hammock for the shed/office yet?

If SWMBO ever asks "what's that for?" you can explain it away as a net for securing loads on a trailer... (DAMHIKT. :roll:)

Cliff Rogers
4th December 2007, 10:09 PM

Waldo
4th December 2007, 10:11 PM

G'day Skew,

Never made one, so it could take some time :yes: I might be able to fit one above over there and squeezed in above that next to it. :think: is there room in my shed for anything anymore? :D

:think:

:yes: except that i keep getting into trouble because i have to move the car, to move the yet unfinished r/table to move the t/saw so she can get to the dryer. :U

Waldo
4th December 2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks Cliff. terry, he would've made front rower if he stayed in longer, but we're thinking that something like golf would be good - train him up now and one day he can keep his folks in a style that they want to get accustomed to.

Gra
4th December 2007, 10:57 PM

If SWMBO ever asks "what's that for?" you can explain it away as a net for securing loads on a trailer... (DAMHIKT. :roll:)

is there room in my shed for anything anymore? :D

:think:

:yes: except that i keep getting into trouble because i have to move the car, to move the yet unfinished r/table to move the t/saw so she can get to the dryer. :U

You have an office in there dont you?

Just going out to the office dear, sorry got to do some work..:U:U:U

ian
5th December 2007, 12:20 AM
Just an update to the little bloke. He came home today :woot:

(now the sleep deprivation begins :doh: )see he was in special care for only a little over 2 weeks

as to the sleep deprivation ... do what I do

any time
any place
any surface

is good enough to catch a few Zzz

in the open in pouring rain without a coat is about the only exception

ian

Waldo
5th December 2007, 09:29 AM
see he was in special care for only a little over 2 weeks

:yes: he is a little fighter and scoffed at things like breathing and blood pressure, all that remains now is that he has a chamber in his heart that is thicker than it should be and a heart murmur, but these he will grow out of.

:sleep2:

AlexS
5th December 2007, 01:02 PM
Oops. missed the birth notice, sorry. Congratulations to all concerned, and welcome home James.

Waldo
5th December 2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks Alex. :2tsup:

Geoff Dean
5th December 2007, 04:46 PM
Glad he is home Waldo.:2tsup:

My little fella has been home now for 14 days. Tam had a few problems feeding him, but when we decided to go to the bottle, things got a whole lot better.:D
He is even sleeping 4-5 hours over night now, so sleep deprivation is not as bad as it was.

Good luck, and get him in the shed as soon as you can.:D

Waldo
5th December 2007, 04:49 PM
He is even sleeping 4-5 hours over night now, so sleep deprivation is not as bad as it was.

Good luck, and get him in the shed as soon as you can.:D

Good stuff Geoff.

4-5 hours you lucky bloke. I'm really looking forward to a 2nd night of interrupted sleep :no: He's been in the shed, he just didn't know it. His time will come.

Eli
5th December 2007, 04:59 PM
I just saw it as well. Congrats Waldo!

My youngest boy is almost big enough to sit in the top toolbox drawer, eldest stands on top of the bottom drawer now. If I leave the shed door open the tools explode all over the lawn.

scooter
5th December 2007, 09:08 PM
Good to hear they're home, Chris :2tsup:

Waldo
5th December 2007, 09:26 PM
:yes: it's beaut Sean, the Waldo family is complete. :2tsup:

scooter
5th December 2007, 10:16 PM
Off to the chopping block then, mate? :p

Waldo
6th December 2007, 09:40 AM
Off to the chopping block then, mate? :p

:yes: I've got a nice blunt chisel somewhere that'll do the job, it'll remind me that I should've done it sooner when the kids send us crazy. :D