PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning a Flat panel LED screen??

reef12
18th November 2007, 02:02 AM
Hi Mates;
Anybody know how to clean a screen that has a few drops of sprayed Saliva from reading some of the jokes on here with Coffee or drinks in mouth.:doh::o

Thanks

Tex79
22nd November 2007, 09:33 AM
Hi Reef,

You should be able to use a damp (not soaking) soft lint free cloth and wipe lightly.
Only use water to dampen the cloth, don't use chemical.
It might pay to check the user manual or manufacturers website for cleaning instructions.
Hope this helps.

Pusser
22nd November 2007, 09:57 AM
I have a product called, wait for it - "LCD Cleaning Fluid" for LCD monitors, cameras and other opticals. Could be distilled water for all I know but it comes in a kit with a Micro fibre cloth and very fine brush from harvey Norman. Works really well. It is in a spray pack which mists over the screen and the cloth does not damage the screen.

Fuzzie
22nd November 2007, 04:12 PM
First of all I assume you mean LCD not LED.

I have one of the LCD Cleaning kits by Laser. It came with a lint free micro fibre cloth and a slide away anti-static brush. The instructions say the cleaner will not hurt LCD and to spray it directly on the screen and polish it off. The bottle and packaging give no indication of what is in the liquid. I used it on my last laptop and while it did clean the screen I had the impression that it either left a minor deposit on the screen or did indeed abrade the screen a miniscule amount.

The manufacturer's recommendation is NOT to spray anything directly onto the LCD screen and only if needed use a lint free cloth dampened with water or 50-50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol with water.

I don't think I will use the Laser LCD cleaning fluid on my current laptop, but I have used the very useful little antistatic brush. If pure water doesn't work on spots I'll try the isopropyl alcohol mix. I thought it might be available from chemists but apparently not, the only place I have seen pure isoprropyl alcohol was in Tandy stores.

DavidG
22nd November 2007, 06:39 PM
Forget the costly stuff.
I dip a tissue in a little water so it is damp (not soaking) and wipe the screen.
Follow it with a clean dry tissue.
Never a problem.

reef12
24th November 2007, 01:27 PM
Thanks Guys will try them on an older Screen first.

Yes meant LCD.:doh:

A bit of a nip in that one.

munruben
24th November 2007, 02:59 PM
This is the best way to clean any monitor. This link was posted about a week ago in one of the forums so I can't take credit for it but it works.
http://home.versateladsl.be/bavertel/fun/swf_ani/monitor_cleaner.swf
You don't have to do a thing its all done for you.

wheelinround
24th November 2007, 05:48 PM
This is the best way to clean any monitor. This link was posted about a week ago in one of the forums so I can't take credit for it but it works.
http://home.versateladsl.be/bavertel/fun/swf_ani/monitor_cleaner.swf
You don't have to do a thing its all done for you.

Thanks John been trying to find that:2tsup: