PDA

View Full Version : Got any ideas for a good fence design ?

JDarvall
18th November 2007, 03:58 PM
Hi,

making a fence to surround the house. Trying to make it look pretty. Don't want a boring blank wall of pickets, like you see everywhere.

A few ideas I have. Like to hear your thoughts. In the picture.

Top one.... series of frames between the posts. Each frame encloses that steel rienforcing you use to lay cement....thinking of welding steel swirls into this rienforcing...etc. Then plant climbers to grow up around the rienforcing.... Take a while to grow. But I like that look.

middle and bottom ones.....typical looking .....pickets.

What do you think ? Got any other ideas ?

Planned LScape
18th November 2007, 06:40 PM
You will need to paint or gal the reo, as it rusts very quickly. Otherwise I think ARC fences make a few fence designs similar to your design

Brickie
18th November 2007, 06:51 PM
Jake, I have a hankering for a scrolled metal type fence, I contacted these guys (http://www.metalcraftmachinery.com/Scroll-Benders/index.htm), but the email was returned, Ill have to ring them.

A mig welder would be the preferred method of tacking the scrolls together, Ill have to buy erindoors one for Christmas. :p

I havent costed the steel, but it would have to cheaper than buying ready made panels.
And you get to make your own design too.

JDarvall
18th November 2007, 09:05 PM
Ta. Don't have a mig. just stick. unfortunately. might have to flick that first idea.

I definetly like that scroll tool. Have to get one of them.