PDA

View Full Version : Mitre saw stuck

charlieart66
19th November 2007, 07:19 AM
I brought one recently, But I can't lift up the blade so that I can fit wood underneath. I can rotate the baseplate and make the blade fall to one side to cut an angle, but I still can't lift up the blade.

I've tried turning it on, and it works but still no blade!

Please help

Barry Hicks
19th November 2007, 07:31 AM
Charlie, you may find your mitre saw has a 'lock down' pin fitted. Have a look and see if there is a knob or latch you can pull/push etc.

Barry Hicks

johnc
19th November 2007, 07:38 AM
I was recently using a Ryobi and the retaining bolt on the blade guard was catching on the frame, interferring with the movement of the blade. I'd look for a lock pin first and anything catching second

charlieart66
19th November 2007, 07:38 AM
Charlie, you may find your mitre saw has a 'lock down' pin fitted. Have a look and see if there is a knob or latch you can pull/push etc.

Barry Hicks
I've pressed all the buttons, loosened and tightened all the screws, But i'll have another look, thanks.

ryanclan
19th November 2007, 09:15 AM
What brand saw is it??
Did you read the operators manual as most of tem show how to unlock the saw???
Perhaps a picture of the back of the saw unit may show us where to start to help
REG

charlieart66
19th November 2007, 09:18 AM
What brand saw is it??
Did you read the operators manual as most of tem show how to unlock the saw???
Perhaps a picture of the back of the saw unit may show us where to start to help
REG

I'll do it for you and show you on tuesday night.

Thanks

bsrlee
19th November 2007, 06:47 PM
They really need to put those big red 'remove before operating' tags on those pins - took me ages to find the lockdown pin on my Hitachi SCMS even with the manual in one hand - too many bits, all in complementary colours.