PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed!! Urgent!!

Wild Dingo
19th November 2007, 01:45 PM
Ive been given a lead on a bloody great wooden power boat that has two vovlo penta motors one of which is seized so not bein of the power boat breed Im wondering how much drama expense and nightmares am I giving myself to fix this motor?

I am giving some SERIOUS thought to this one... its price is RIGHT... a few things to sort like mooring costs getting her down here from Perth etc but still...

Cheers!

wheelinround
19th November 2007, 03:04 PM
:pointlaugh: Dingo wants to become an old VOLVO boat driver.

http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/engines.shtml?source=google&group=vpengines&gclid=CPq76PKC6I8CFRIUagodjG2RCg

Shane I know little about marine motors but have read that these motors are excellent especially the diesel type.

Volvo truck & coach motors I have worked on easy and one or two cars.

Wild Dingo
20th November 2007, 12:56 AM
Cheers yer galah! :2tsup:

well now cost factor of well over 10000% of what I was hoping for to replace that buggared motor :C

no worries will go up an have a good gander when he moves it over the weekend to a place just a tad closer to me... man this may be a cheep boat to get but by buggary its expodentially increased out of sight whenever I start thinkin about it!... :roll: maybe it will not be such a bad seizure? an easy fix?... gawd sometimes I wish I was a pessimist!! :doh: