PDA

View Full Version : Turnfest 2004

Bazza
8th November 2003, 06:20 AM
I was thinking of going to turnfest next year, and I was wondering if anybody on the B,B went to the last one and what it was like.

Bazza

Cliff Rogers
12th November 2003, 09:09 AM
G'day.

Which Turnfest are you referring to?

I went to the one a Coolum in March 2003.
It was a good weekend.
The catering was a bit slow due to the number of people that turned up but I understand that will be addressed next year.
The one on next year will be at Mt. Tamborine.

I don't know what the accommodation will be like next year but the last one was dormitory style with about 20 blokes to a dorm.
It wasn't very good 'cos some stopouts didn't come to bed til after midnight & they TALKED & turned on lights. Then half a dozen old blokes would wake up at about 4.30am & start talking & turning on lights so it was a bit hard to get more than 5 hours sleep a night.

The turners demos were all very good. There was that much happening at once in different locations that it was not possible to see everything. There were 10 turners & each of them had 3 different demos that they were doing over 2 days. I took heaps of notes & got lots of new ideas.

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it this year due to family commitments but I may just sneak it in betweens weddings & reunions if I have enough freq flyer points to get there.

Bazza
14th November 2003, 07:06 AM
Thanks Cliff,
It was the Coolum one that I was interested in .
I rang SE/QLD Woodworking Supplies and had a chat and it sounds like everybody had a good time and came away with some new ideas

At $230.00 for a fully catered weekend it sounds like good value

Thanks
Bazza

Cliff Rogers
19th November 2003, 09:46 PM
G'day.

If I lived anywhere at all in the SE cnr I'd be there in a shot.

Instead, I live in Cairns & I'm currently very short of Freq Flyer points. (used them all on a trip to Italy next year)

Who'd you talk to at SE/Qld Woodworking supplies?
Dave?
If so, he's the character (loose term) responsible for it all.

Have fun, I might see you there, if I'm lucky, ask Dave to point me out, he knows who I am.