PDA

View Full Version : Latest work

Andy Mac
21st November 2007, 08:41 PM
Well here is my latest project, just finished today, the most recent in a series of fictitious toolboxes....fitted with imaginary tools:rolleyes:.
This one belongs to the Shaman-Mechanick of Purga Creek, who would bring the tools out to invoke the spirit of the General when working on Holdens; caress the patterns of uncertainty from carburettors; and then divine the location of the nearest pub when the job was done.:D
The box is mitred, lid simply rebated, made from distressed hoop pine with local ochre pigment inside, and the pieces include privet branches, chook feathers, welded steel, piano parts, a banksia pod and one beer stubby lid. Its to go in an exhibition in a library, and refers to a wonderful book called "Tools as Art" by Pete Hamill, well worth a gander. After borrowing it I went and bought a copy...

Cheers,

bitingmidge
21st November 2007, 08:49 PM
I'll have to suss out Purga Creek I think!

Another beauty Andy!

cheers,

P
:2tsup:

watson
21st November 2007, 09:05 PM
Art Andy! :2tsup:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
21st November 2007, 11:44 PM
Looks like you've pressed your monster flower? :wink:

munruben
21st November 2007, 11:49 PM
Looks great. top marks:2tsup:

Big Shed
22nd November 2007, 09:01 AM
Very imaginative, a quality I do not have in great quantity. Beaut work.:2tsup:

Andy Mac
22nd November 2007, 09:25 AM
:)Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it.

[quote=bitingmidge;630077]I'll have to suss out Purga Creek I think![quote]

I lived at Purga for 3 or 4 yrs, the nearest pub is at Peak Crossing. Its better known for a bikie's rally.

Cheers,

bitingmidge
22nd November 2007, 09:49 AM
I lived at Purga for 3 or 4 yrs, the nearest pub is at Peak Crossing. Its better known for a bikie's rally.

Hmm... I think I remember going to one of those a long time ago! :p

I had a boss with a big piggery at Peak Crossing all those years ago, but none of your tools would have done at that place!

I suspect there's a market for your stuff that you haven't tapped yet Andy. I think you could have a big go in the genuine Antiques market, I've seen plenty of old tools sold as decorator pieces that were less useful than any of your make-believe ones!

cheers,

P
:D

clubbyr8
22nd November 2007, 03:53 PM
Sensational Andy :):)