PDA

View Full Version : problem with camera

mikmaz1
8th November 2003, 10:45 PM
hi all,
does anyone know anything about digital cameras ! im having problems getting the pics to download onto the computer.
it keeps on telling me , camera failed to connect close programe and try again.
i have a polaroid funflash640, the camera takes shots okay but thats all.
please can someone help. thanks
seeyasoon mik.

Robert WA
9th November 2003, 01:02 AM
I have a Fuji. If I don't use the sequence:
1) connect the camera to the usb port,
2) power up the camera, then
3) boot up the Fuji software.
I get a message similar to yours.
Maybe your sequence is wrong. Check your manual.

Iain
9th November 2003, 09:26 AM
I have a Kodak and get the same message if:

1. Batteries are low.
2. Have not selected camera option on screen (have to choose between scanner and camera).
3. Have not connected properly.
4. Have not selected 'Connect' on camera.

Have a look at help on software if available and look at options, or go and annoy a dealer tomorrow.

jamesy
10th November 2003, 07:30 PM
Try getting the latest drivers and reload.

Pretty standard advise but it always works for me- been using Kodak for years and when ever I have a hic-up I do the reload trick.

Usually the "twain" drivers, whatever they are.

ubeaut
10th November 2003, 11:39 PM
"TWAIN" Thing Without An Interesting Name ....... Honest. That's what it stands for and it is the universal driver for scanners, or something like that.

Get a flash card reader and do away with all the hastles.

oges
11th November 2003, 06:19 PM
hows does yours camera connect to the computer usb or com port?

my polaroid connects via usb and becomes a removable drive in windows explorer so I can just copy files where i want them. It doesnt work until I switch camera to display pictures taken and not in the setting to take pictures.

my old casio that died used to connect via comm port, and I used to get that error if camera was on before plugging the cord in. switching it off and on usually fixed it.

mikmaz1
12th November 2003, 10:46 PM
thanks all,
ill have a go this weekend and let you know how things turned out.(see if i can get it back on the twain tracks)
seeyasoon mik.

mikmaz1
16th November 2003, 10:02 PM
hi all,
got the camera working tonight . plugged it into a different port, so far so good. put some pics up probably next weekend.
thanks again for your advice.
seeyasoon mik.

Stuart
16th November 2003, 10:25 PM
Click on start, settings, control panel, system, hardware, device manager.

Look down the list, and it is likely that you will see an error symbol on one of the ports (if not, plug your camera into the non-working port, then navigate to this location again)

It sounds as if an error occured last time you used the (now) non-functioning port, and it will not become functional again until you clear the error. Right click on the error and choose uninstall to detach the device from windows, then physically unplug the camera. This should clear the error. Best to then reboot the computer just to be on the safe side before plugging the camera back in.

Hope that helps