PDA

View Full Version : Swap Cedar Blocks - Adelaide SA

blackbetty50
24th November 2007, 12:20 PM
Hi, first post. I have two weathered cedar blocks one 70cm long 14cm x13cm and the other 70 cm long by 13cm x 10cm. The larger has a crack running into the block about 3 cm deep and half the length. Both rough sawn. I am wanting to trade for a piece of Cooktown Ironwood approximately 1 metre long by 3 cm square or a similar piece of decorative timber (black ebony, too much to hope for) for a walking cane. Located southern Adelaide area.

valeria
30th September 2009, 06:45 PM
Hi, first post. I have two weathered cedar blocks one 70cm long 14cm x13cm and the other 70 cm long by 13cm x 10cm. The larger has a crack running into the block about 3 cm deep and half the length. Both rough sawn. I am wanting to trade for a piece of Cooktown Ironwood approximately 1 metre long by 3 cm square or a similar piece of decorative timber (black ebony, too much to hope for) for a walking cane. Located southern Adelaide area.
are they still available im looking for cedar blocks to be used as moth repellant in drawers

texx
30th September 2009, 07:35 PM
the post is 2 years old so i doubt they are still there

clear out
19th November 2009, 02:24 AM
I think posters should start being a bit more specific when posting wot they are after.
The cedar blocks from SA would have been Oz Red Cedar a local species used for furniture.:)
The stuff wot repells moths is Western red cedar wot they make doors and windows out of. This stuf is the very big on the nasal cancer causing deal so beware there's a reason it kills moths.:oo:
Unfortunately it probably doesn't kill the Cedar tip moth which is the reason the local cedar cant be plantation grown here in Oz.:doh:
The little blighters are about40mm across the wingspan and have yellow dots on their black wings.:o
They are here now attacking my 20 year old tree in Sydney and I am smearing them all over the drive.:~
Please do likewise if you see any.:((
H:D

Frank&Earnest
22nd November 2009, 09:51 PM
For once that a thread is marked Adelaide, it turns out to be a red herring. Why are these threads not automatically killed after, say, six months?:(

ubeaut
22nd November 2009, 10:01 PM
That'd be a bit draconian wouldn't it. :rotfl:

:closed: