PDA

View Full Version : On-Site Timber Cutting

Noel Butcher
10th November 2003, 05:48 PM
My brother has acquired some jarrah railway sleepers that appear to be in excellent condition and wants them cut lengthwise but has neither the equipment, expertise nor the will to cut them himself.

Does anyone know of someone who is able to do this? The sleepers are all 9" x 6" x 9' and there are twenty -two of them. I believe he wants most of them cut. He, and the sleepers, are located in Bayswater in Melbourne's eastern suburbs. He is after quotes for the job so if any of the readers here know of someone who does this could they please respond here.

thanks Noelb

Justin
10th November 2003, 06:36 PM
Go here :

http://www.skillspublish.com.au/Skills%20AWW%20Current.htm

and click on the button on the left that says "Timber Salvage". Under the Victorian section there's a bloke advertising that's based in Seaford.

Justin.

Noel Butcher
10th November 2003, 07:59 PM
Thanks Justin. I'll pass this on. Much Appreciated.

fxst
11th November 2003, 11:37 PM
a night boat with lots of bunks?:D

Noel Butcher
12th November 2003, 10:34 AM
Yes, I know I am an idiot but it has been a long time since I visited this forum and there have been oodles of changes since I was a regular visitor.

Back then, they didn't even have a boat forum. Besides, who is to say my brother doesn't plan to build a very solid boat if he can get these sleepers cut?

Cheers
Noelb

fxst
12th November 2003, 09:53 PM
so how can u now dock mate if u used the docking???
mmmmmmmmmm mobile computing ....still stranded on the water huh