PDA

View Full Version : Old Mustang Cruiser Rework

barnsey
12th November 2003, 04:30 PM
A while back I bought an old fibreglass V2000 Mustang 20' Cabin Cruiser. I was tempted by the extensive teak trim that was used throughout. Well I rebuilt the ply cockpit seat pedestals refurbished the rotted out port bulkhead, refinished all the teak and am fitting new carpet and fabric trim.

Originally it had a sterndrive but subsequently was fitted with an alloy pod. Recently I re-engined it with a 225 HP Yamaha 4 stroke.

When it was previously re-engined someone tore out everything in the transom from gunwhale to gunwhale and installed a plywood seat supported by lengths of towel rail. That is going.

I want to build a frame to take removeable corner seats - so you can stand in the corners when I'm out at the 36 fathom reef - and in the center I'll install a fibreglass bait tank and have a seat over the top. Figure I'll get the trimmers to upholster the seat bolsters and backs which will be marine ply.

If anyone can give me some ideas on a good timber to build this frame from - strong, light, durable, and not about to cost me an arm and a leg. I have discovered
B - bring
O - out
A - another
T - thousand:eek:

Will try to get a photo or two if anyone thinks that might help.

fxst
12th November 2003, 09:55 PM
going by another thread jarrah might be the go ......or pergola and dockings
oops sorry:D