PDA

View Full Version : jointer: Jet or carbatec

Trav
30th November 2007, 06:24 PM
Hi all

I bought a 6 inch jet jointer a few months ago at the woodshow. They've jsut told me that - despite assurances it would arrive at the end of Oct, then mid Nov, then end Nov - that it won't be here until mid-December.

My question is - is it worth waiting for the 6 inch Jet, or should I simply get a refund and buy a carbatec jointer? I could get the 6 inch long-bed from carbatec for only $150 more....

But jet is jet. I've already decided to keep persisting with the table saw that I ordered at the same time.

Anyway, would appreciate views

cranky Trav

routermaniac
30th November 2007, 06:53 PM
As far as I know they both come from the same factory.

Robo1
2nd December 2007, 08:38 AM
Thats too long to wait, I can't for the life of me think that they should think that its OK, they should at least call and appoligise, or offer a decent explanation. I would ring and calmly ask why they think that sort of delay is justified and see if you can get a price drop or some other incentive as compensation. I would persist, I would rather the JET than the Carba Tec, but it would be nice to have it now.
Rob...

GPW
3rd December 2007, 02:10 PM
Trav

Not sure who you have placed the order with, but we have both models of JET 6" jointers in stock plus the supersaws. We can ship to you or in JAN 08 our truck and trailer will be going to Summernats and we could drop it off for you and anyone else wanting cheap freight between Currumbin and Canberra via pacific hwy.

Rohan Pye

www.gpw.au.com

munruben
3rd December 2007, 02:26 PM
Much too long to wait.

Stevenp
3rd December 2007, 04:36 PM
Trav, I have an 8" Jet jointer and think it is great. A few months is far too long to wait for anything these days. maybe get a refund and order one from Garry pye, I have bought a couple of small bits and pieces from them and found their service very good. cheers steven.