PDA

View Full Version : belt driven air compresso

Gags_17
2nd December 2007, 10:12 PM
hey guys
sorry its more questions, just wondering if someone could tell me what the best value for money belt driven air compressor i could get? i dont really want to spend heaps of money and it wont get used alot but when i do use it i want to be able to use it good if ya no what i mean lol would i be better of goin for a second hand one? thanks guys

Harry72
3rd December 2007, 01:01 AM
I have a clisby, lasted 10+yrs of heavy use so far!

Ingersolrand are one of the best brands.

Chris Parks
4th December 2007, 12:24 AM
Pulford is another good brand. Mine is at least 40 years old and still going. It most probably has the original oil in it!

MurrayD99
4th December 2007, 11:45 AM
hey guys
sorry its more questions, just wondering if someone could tell me what the best value for money belt driven air compressor i could get? i dont really want to spend heaps of money and it wont get used alot but when i do use it i want to be able to use it good if ya no what i mean lol would i be better of goin for a second hand one? thanks guys

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?p=233874#post233874

Try this. Lou bought a three cylinder compressor same as mine.....

Rossluck
5th December 2007, 09:10 PM
hey guys

I'd probably go for a good 2nd hand one. There are a lot of good ones around, like Swan, and Ingersoll Rand and so on. The little Colts that chippies use are quite good; not belt driven but bullet proof. Think about paying somewhere between $200 and $400 for a good second-hand one if you shop around.

Gags_17
5th December 2007, 09:32 PM
thanks for all the replies guys, rossluck i was thinkging the same thing second hand might be better for the price and if it in good condition it will prolly last longer then a chinese one for the same price. any one no a good place to look? i tried ebay but they only seemed to have brand new ones for round $300-400 and the tradin post didnt have much at all
thanks guys

Woodlee
5th December 2007, 10:39 PM
hey guys

I have a 12CFM Swan from Forbes in Adelaide , it must be 18years old and it has had a flogging over the years ,sometimes I forget to switch it off at the power point and it will run on and off for a week.
I had to replace the pressure switch a few years ago.
I would definitly buy another one when this one goes belly up.

Kev