PDA

View Full Version : Nyah, Nyah. I've got a Triton

Daddles
15th November 2003, 12:19 PM
Nyah, Nyah, Ny Nyah Nyah.
I've got a Triton.
Saved all my pennies. Stopped buying lollies on the way home from (boat building) school.
Watched the Trading Post for months - the offers were nearly always the old model and if you didn't ring by 9am on the day it came out, the thing was sold.
So I bought a brand spanking new Triton 2000 Workcentre.
At $460 it'd better do the bloody job.

So now I'm free from the tyranny of the lumber yard. Can use timber rescued from the salvage yards - like the oregon 4x2's sitting in my shed that, until recently, were part of a church (got them for nix too).

Of course, now I've got to buy the planer attachement, and a decent blade for my saw, and the dust extraction system, and the height adjustment, and the router attachements, and a gorgeous blonded to wipe the sweat from my brow.

Hmm. Perhaps the lumber yards weren't so expensive after all.
Hah! I recently bought the sticks for my 7' pram - not masts or anything, just inwales and such. Cost me $100 to get the timber cut to the right size - then found I'd forgotten the centre board. With the Triton, I could have done that lot for about $30, or free with the timber I was given. This Triton will probably pay for itself but even if it doesn't, the convenience has gotta help.

Besides, my Dad is soooo jealous.

Cheers
Richard

ozwinner
15th November 2003, 04:32 PM
until recently, were part of a church (got them for nix too).

Tsck Tsck ( is that how ya spell it ?), God'll get ya for that, takeing advantage of the poor church. :D
Welcome to the world of the Triton thingy.
I hade a WC for 3 years, and loved it.
I've since moved on and bought a 2nd hand 12" tablesaw.
All ya gota do now is get them creative juices flowen.
Enjoy, Allan :)

Daddles
15th November 2003, 11:06 PM
Got it all put together this arvo and made some firewood. I was a tad concerned about how thin I could cut. Pah. Cut meself a nice strip a bit over 1mm thick no problem. Should be able to cut some real nice laminating strips.

Any thoughts on saw blades? I bought a Triton blade today and that worked beautifully. But there were other blades that were cheaper (like half price) and some that were more expensive (like damned near double the price). What are you paying for and what should I look for? Not that I'm planning to muck up me new blade in a hurry but it's dreadful standing in front of a shelf full of stock and not knowing what to buy.

Cheers
Richard

ozwinner
16th November 2003, 09:41 AM
I normaly start at the left hand side of the shop shelf, and buy everything until I get to the right hand side.
It takes a while but it can be done. :D
Yeah good blades are expensive, especialy them with lotsa
teeth, I think you are paying for the carbide tip, the more carbide the more money, the more teeth the more carbide.
The saw centre is only laser cut steel.
Cheers, Allan :)

Wild Dingo
23rd November 2003, 02:28 AM
Goodonyerson!!!:cool: ...A fancy shiney new ubeaut orange thingy eh? ah well mate I gots me a shiney fancy new ubeaut orange thingy too!!! ;) nah not a Triton phashaw! :p kids toy! HA!!! :D nah I looked at them and several others of the type and then thought to meself "do it right son!" an got me a ubeaut big orange thingy with a 3hp motor out the butt and a nice 12" blade on the top from the Timbercon mob at the Woodshow

an mate can this sucker SLICE SOME SERIASSS WOOD!!! :D

I dont know what decided me against the triton but I tell yer what mate I do intend to get one of their Routers whacketty dak lookin rigs them things! :cool:

Got a Triton mate? ONYERSON!!! now there should be some seriass timber cuttin over there gerinnaitmate!

Im payin between 60 and 90 a blade for the saw... mmmm shoulda maybe gots me the Triton eh? nah! :D now I gotta convice possumpoop that I REALLY REALLY SERIOUSLY DO NEED beyond anything else in life that big ol 20" bandsaw... ooooh an a good heavy jointer would be nice for Chrissy an then theres me birfday in February an I really wouldnt mind havin a go with a lathe... seee its flamin endless with us fellas an our tools! :rolleyes:

Take it easy
Shane