PDA

View Full Version : Best places to get wood in Adelaide?

SteveAdelaide
4th December 2007, 01:48 PM
apologies if this is a bit local, but any suggestions about best places to buy wood in Adelaide, pricewise and choice-wise; new or salvaged?

TrevorOwen
4th December 2007, 03:57 PM
Steve
I think this depends on what species you are after. For example you won't get Blackwood at Bunnings but you will at Ottos. Do you have a particular timber in mind?

Regards
Trevor

SteveAdelaide
4th December 2007, 04:01 PM
Steve
I think this depends on what species you are after. For example you won't get Blackwood at Bunnings but you will at Ottos. Do you have a particular timber in mind?

Regards
Trevor

thanks for the reply trevor...
but not really, i have recently caught the woodwork bug and after making a workbench want to branch out (excuse the horrible pun!).
have been looking at bunnings/mitre 10 etc but wondering if any other good places for variety and price.
cheers
steve

TrevorOwen
4th December 2007, 04:10 PM
Steve
Harry72 directed me to Handy Pine, 134 Fredrick Street, Welland for timber. They have a greater range of sizes of pine than Bunnings but they also have other timbers. I bought some Vic Ash and know they had some Blackbutt and I think Blackwood and maybe some other species as well. They are able to get timber in for you if you want something special. Of course there are other suppliers, depending on your preferred locality.

Hope this helps.
Trevor

SteveAdelaide
4th December 2007, 04:48 PM
Hope this helps.
Trevor

It sure does Trevor, much obliged!
Cheers
Steve

Tonyz
6th December 2007, 01:19 PM
Australian timbers in magill have more full size panel sheets of everything from 3mm ply -45 mm MDF covered in what you want.
There other place out wingfield/port atrea has the lengthy stuff

then again are you looking at recycled stuff then the best places are also north ofgrand junction rd.

SteveAdelaide
7th December 2007, 04:31 PM
thanks tonto :2tsup: