PDA

View Full Version : OLD Long Case clock Plan

ravlord13
5th December 2007, 04:16 PM
I have a plan for a Long Case Clock from a Science and Mechanics magazine, it is in PFD format, If any one wants a copy PM me and I will E-Mail it to you. It is in a zip file containing 8 files, I have not built it but it seems that it would be a good reference for anyone who was thinking about building one.

And its is free !! got to be good !!

Cheers Ravlord

pal
5th December 2007, 04:31 PM
Now there's a great offer a pity I don't have the room to put the finished article, oh what the hell I'll PM you for it ravlord never know when you may need it.

Regards

Pal :hpydans:

ravlord13
5th December 2007, 09:01 PM
I have a plan for a Long Case Clock from a Science and Mechanics magazine, it is in PFD format, If any one wants a copy PM me and I will E-Mail it to you. It is in a zip file containing 8 files, I have not built it but it seems that it would be a good reference for anyone who was thinking about building one.

Cheers Ravlord

New update,
I am having trouble up loading the plans to E-Mail, I will upload the plan to my Sons web page tomorrow and send any one who wants the link tomorrow arvo.

Sorry about the delay .
Catch ya Ravlord :-

lonesomebob
2nd August 2008, 01:15 AM
HI; New to this forum and dont quite figure how to PM on it. Would love to have the plan,I need to make a new clock,sold my other one. [email protected] Thanks.

shaver59
19th August 2008, 09:43 PM
Erm, me too. Sorry for the ignorance but I really would love a set. [email protected]
tks Stewie

QbnDusty
21st August 2008, 12:14 AM
Hi Ravlord.
Also would like a copy of the plans.
[email protected]
Many Thanks.

ryanclan
23rd August 2008, 09:28 AM
Hi members
it is not a good idea to advertise your e-mail details on this forum as who knows where it could end up and you will start to recieve all sorts of crap in your inbox
yust a little bit advice
dont!!!!!!!!!!
Reg

jgreen
21st November 2008, 08:22 PM
hi i'm starting to put some deigns together for a grandfather clock and would like a copy of the plans you have, for some ideas.
if it isn't to much trouble could you please send me a copy thanks.

ryanclan
23rd November 2008, 07:54 AM
i do not have any plans for clocks however my post was to advise all members not to disclose their E-mail details in this forum as there are some people out there who will take advantage of this information and fill your inboxes with all sorts of rubbish
this heads up is not in any way intended to insult any body and is submitted in good faith
REG:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Rattrap
23rd November 2008, 08:36 AM
Hi Ravlord, pm sent mate. thanks.

vicarious
5th January 2009, 02:59 PM

Cheers Ravlord

Hello Ravlord-I just joined and wouild love to have sight of the plans for the old longcase clock
Regards vicarious

clyde39blue
17th February 2009, 11:04 AM

Cheers Ravlord

Hello Ravlord'
I would very much like a copy of the woodwork plans that you mention, I have been thinking of building a long case clock and drawings of such would be a good starting point to get the proportions right.
Kind Regards. Clyde39blue

ToothFairy
17th February 2009, 01:06 PM
Gee, I dunno. First time I look at the "Clocks" forum, I get all excited and send a PM to ravlord. Then I see the offer is a bit long in the tooth. If you're still out there, ravlord, apologies for not noticing earlier!

- Michael

chippy 71
18th February 2009, 10:38 PM
Gee, I dunno. First time I look at the "Clocks" forum, I get all excited and send a PM to ravlord. Then I see the offer is a bit long in the tooth. If you're still out there, ravlord, apologies for not noticing earlier!

- Michael

Hi Fellas,

If you do not hear from Ravlord PM me and I can let you have copies.:2tsup:

Colin.

clyde39blue
19th February 2009, 05:57 AM
Hi Fellas,

If you do not hear from Ravlord PM me and I can let you have copies.:2tsup:

Colin.

Hello Colin,
May I take you up on your offer please, I would be very interested in building a quality long case clock.

Kind Regards Greg.

chippy 71
19th February 2009, 10:35 PM
Hello Colin,
May I take you up on your offer please, I would be very interested in building a quality long case clock.

Kind Regards Greg.

Plans sent.:2tsup:

Colin.

unclePJ
24th February 2009, 01:02 AM
Hi Colin,

Any chance I can take you up on the generous offer of the long case clock plans. I’ve PM’d you. :2tsup:

Thanks

Phil

makingstuff
24th February 2009, 05:33 AM
Colin,
I sent you a PM requesting a copy of the plans if its not too much trouble.
Thanks
Ross

alabamaed36046
8th May 2009, 01:26 PM
Colin I too would like a copy of the longcase clock plan
Thanks
Ed Shelton
alabama36046

chippy 71
9th May 2009, 12:09 AM
Colin I too would like a copy of the longcase clock plan
Thanks
Ed Shelton
alabama36046

Ed, PM me with your e-mail address and are you on broadband as these files are about 10Mb!:o

Colin.

Clockgirl
10th May 2009, 10:27 AM
Wow
That's really generous as clock case plans are not always easy to come by.
One tip to anyone planning on building a mechanical clock case using a plan.
Source and purchase the movement first.
I have seen customers spend years on building the clock case only to discover that the movement that the plan was designed for is not longer available.
Its a bit like cars- designs change !
If the movement had been purchased first, the small modifications necessary to fit the movement in could have been made before the timber was cut.

Happy clock making .
Cheers
Clockgirl:wink:

dmp
11th May 2009, 05:49 PM
May I add my name to the long list of requests for plans of the long case clock?Thanks in anticipation , dmp

chippy 71
12th May 2009, 12:18 AM
May I add my name to the long list of requests for plans of the long case clock?Thanks in anticipation , dmp

DMP, PM me with your e-mail address please. Are you on broadband as it is a large file?:o

Colin.

EricPringle
17th July 2009, 01:21 AM
PM sent. Thanks Colin. We owe you one:):wink:

64bryan
26th July 2009, 12:52 PM

Cheers Ravlord
Hi I would be grateful to have a look at your long clock
case plans If you could send them to
[email protected]

Thank you Bryan

belize
10th March 2010, 03:22 AM

Cheers Ravlord

Yes, I am interested, Cheers Ravlord. Please send a copy to me at [email protected] Thank you very much.
belize

brisand
11th March 2010, 08:17 PM
I would appreciate a copy of plans if you still have them.
Brian

ravlord13
21st March 2010, 06:02 PM
G'Day all,
All the clock plans are now avaliable in the Forum library.
Enjoy them
Andrew

Porche32
29th December 2010, 07:17 AM
HI Ravlord, i'd been looking on the web for ages to find the plan for a longcase clock. Fortunately i got to woodworkforums. Would it be possible to email me back the plan, my is is Porche32, Cheers

Yonnee
31st December 2010, 09:49 AM
As stated 9 months ago, the plans are HERE. (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f56/10-free-clock-plans-110842/)

all at sea
29th March 2011, 11:53 AM
:)

Cheers Ravlord

acmegridley
29th March 2011, 11:08 PM
Norm Abrams project for this week is a long case clock you might pick up a few pointers there.
Google New Yankee workshop for a link