PDA

View Full Version : oscillating tilting table sander bench top modle

colbra
10th December 2007, 11:39 AM
Hi every one, I am thinking of buying a table oscillating sander, as in C/T cat. Is there anyone out there with some input on these machines I would be using it on toys and small furniture projects
regards colbra

goodwoody
10th December 2007, 02:32 PM
Cobra I bought the Jet model from GPW on the Gold Coast. It Came on a small pallet and securely strapped to it. The machine was heavy for what I expected.
I simply checked everything for square( which it was) ,cleaned the top , read the instructions (adequate) hooked up the dusty and happy sanding. Nice little machine.
Mine cost $450 including delivery to Brisbane. I am very happy. Damien.
How much for the crapatec model?

Sturdee
10th December 2007, 03:27 PM
Hi every one, I am thinking of buying a table oscillating sander, as in C/T cat. Is there anyone out there with some input on these machines I would be using it on toys and small furniture projects
regards colbra

I have one and it is great for sanding curves, wouldn't be without one. But make sure that it is hooked up to a dust collector.

Peter.

switt775
10th December 2007, 04:03 PM
Check this link

http://ledamachinery.com.au/catalogue/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=80

I don't think this one tilts, but at the price looks pretty good. I saw it at the Melbourne WWW show, but sadly had run out of money.:no:

les88
10th December 2007, 04:30 PM
as goodwoody says I have the crapatec sander and it is just great, in fact nearly all my my machines are Carba-tec so either I have great machines or not :(:oo:
les
ps I also drive a Ford

Bazzmate
2nd January 2008, 09:33 PM
I have a Carbatec oscillating sander and it works great. The sander in the link that Switt775 gave you looks every bit as good as Carbatec's sander (if it tilts) and I think is a bit cheaper. I use mine for making letters and names out of MDF so I am yet to have the need to tilt the table.
Happy sanding!
BD

jaspr
3rd January 2008, 06:48 PM
I'm very happy with my carbatec oscillating spindle sander.

Someone says it's good for sanding curves. I was looking through a book on jigs last night and it showed how, with a straight fence and running the wood between the fence and the spindle, you can use it for jointing small stock.

I'm going to give it a go. Sounds useful.