PDA

View Full Version : Just A Test

barny35
11th December 2007, 08:13 AM
This is just a test as a first post to see if I am properly registered in.
I joined this site upon recommendation of a friend.
I am a general woodworker and a scroller and a turner.
I am amazed at how many forums and categories there are here. Looks like a huge site. :2tsup:
I will spend some time and browse around many forums of interest here.
Barny

pawnhead
11th December 2007, 09:04 AM
G'day Barney.

This is a great place to hang around. Lots of interesting discussion, and not just about woodwork and related topics.

I reckon it needs a test forum, although you could use the 'preview post' feature as I often do. You can also send yourself a 'Private Message' if you want to store a particular post in your mailbox. :wink:

wheelinround
11th December 2007, 09:27 AM
Welcome Barney :2tsup:

the more the we have members the more knowledge shared :2tsup:

Looking forward to seeing some of the works

barny35
11th December 2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the replys.
Main reason for the test was to see if I had my settings right. I was hoping there was a setting in Edit Options to enable email notification of replys in a thread that I am participating in.
I didn't get email notices so went back into profile and still didn't find the setting. :-

RETIRED
11th December 2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the replys.
Main reason for the test was to see if I had my settings right. I was hoping there was a setting in Edit Options to enable email notification of replys in a thread that I am participating in.
I didn't get email notices so went back into profile and still didn't find the setting. :-
There is.

Go into User CP and go to Messaging & Notification <fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Receive Email</legend> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> From time to time, the administrators may want to send you email notices.

If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option. </td> </tr> <tr> <td><label for="cb_adminemail"><input name="options[adminemail]" value="1" id="cb_adminemail" checked="checked" type="checkbox">Receive Email from Administrators</label><input name="set_options[adminemail]" value="1" type="hidden"></td> </tr> <tr> <td>
You can allow other members to send you email messages.</td> </tr> <tr> <td><label for="cb_showemail"><input name="options[showemail]" value="1" id="cb_showemail" checked="checked" type="checkbox">Receive Email from Other Members</label><input name="set_options[showemail]" value="1" type="hidden"></td> </tr> </tbody></table> </fieldset> <fieldset class="fieldset"><legend><label for="sel_autosubscribe">Default Thread Subscription Mode</label></legend> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td>When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads (http://www.woodworkforums.com/subscription.php), with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <select name="autosubscribe" id="sel_autosubscribe"> <option value="-1" selected="selected">Do not subscribe</option> <option value="0">No email notification</option> <option value="1">Instant email notification</option> <option value="2">Daily email notification</option> <option value="3">Weekly email notification</option> </select> <label for="sel_autosubscribe">Default Thread Subscription Mode:</label></td></tr></tbody></table></fieldset>
To subscribe to the thread look under thread tools at the top of the thread.

MY TURN
11th December 2007, 12:22 PM
Hi Barny

These are a great bunch on this forum, you will enjoy one and all!!

MT (mike)

Gil Jones
11th December 2007, 12:35 PM
Welcome, Barny, there a many fine folks here.

barny35
11th December 2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks .
I made the change . Should work now.
That was sooo easy. I can't imagine how I previously overlooked that setting .
Barny

BernieP
11th December 2007, 02:25 PM
G'Day Barny

Welcome aboard, enjoy.

Cheers
Bernie

hughie
11th December 2007, 04:13 PM
Hi Barny , Welcome aboard all the more Canucks the better. :U They are a bit under represented

killerbeast
11th December 2007, 05:49 PM
Welcome . the nice thing is that this is one of the most international sites out there... and a good place to get info ..

Rasmus (Denmark)

artme
11th December 2007, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the madhouse Barny! You wil find all the help you need here, a heap of wannabe comedians and other sundries who claim membership of the species.:2tsup::2tsup::D:D:oo: