PDA

View Full Version : Power tools split?

noodle_snacks
12th December 2007, 12:49 AM
Did anyone else prefer it when powered tools was one forum, not split into four or so (not counting routers)?

ss_11000
12th December 2007, 12:54 AM
is there really a difference.????

i havent paid particular attention to many of the new forums or any forums at all. i just use the new posts function and go from there, its so much easier for me and it ensures i dont miss any forums or threads.

Lignum
12th December 2007, 08:49 AM
Vote yes, not that it will make any difference.

I hate with a passion the main page now. Its absolutely ridiculous the ammount of sub forums their is.

A quick count their is over 100 :oo:

So does it mean the more sub forums the bigger and better this site is?

Pusser
12th December 2007, 10:03 AM
I'm with ss_11000. I only use the forums to start a thread. Use the new posts forum to read stuff and the search utility to find a thread that is not current.

Big Shed
12th December 2007, 10:08 AM
Yes, same here, mainly use New Posts and iSpy. Only use main page to start a new thread.

However, when you want to look up a variety of threads on, say, tablesaws, you can quickly browse trhough them via the main page.

Most of the time I use search to find what I am looking for. I really don't think this is an issue.

DavidG
12th December 2007, 10:13 AM
I am with ss_11000.
Access the bb via the 'getdaily (http://www.woodworkforums.com/search.php?do=getdaily)' function and browse what I want to.
Only use the main menu when I want something specific.

mat
12th December 2007, 10:16 AM
Noodle

The question for the vote and the question in your post are asking the opposite. From Lignum's response it seems that the vote may be inaccurate of people's true thoughts.